• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Megazorb and Lino!

2 question's rolled into one!!

I have just decided to change all the buns and pigs onto Megazorb. I have 8 hutches, a shed and a nero 4 to clean and just wondered is one bag going to be enough? I use about 3 quarters of a giant shaving bale each clean out and it's getting expensive!! How economical is megazorb?

I have also decided to line all my hutches and shed with lino as one of my oldest hutches now has a hole in the floor from years of drippy bottles and dribbly pigs. What do you stick it down with, how do you stop the bedding and bunnies slipping, and what could happen if they ate it?

Thanks!!

I have lino which I just laid down, I didn't stick it with anything, as sometimes bits of hay and poo get under the edges and it's nice to be able to take it out to sweep under. Also water gets underneath where their water bottle is, so it's good to take it out on cleaning day and let the wood underneath dry out and avoid rot. If you've cut it quite well to fit, they would struggle to eat it as they'd have to pull it up first.

I put newspaper down on top of the lino to stop slipping. I don't use woodshavings in the hutch as it doesn't give any benefit over the newspaper, I only use a small sprinkling of shavings in the litter trays, again on top of newspaper, just to stop the wee puddling in the tray.

Would you just be using it in the litter trays or as liberally as you would use woodshavings (ie all over the floor)?

i have vinyl stick down tiles all over floor n then i got large carpet tiles to stop em slippin luckily they wee in their litter pans and i use megazorb in their pans :)

Personally I had trouble with vinyl tiles, they would wee in the gaps and they would become unstuck.

Right now I've covered the whole floor with stick back plastic. Works quite well :)

I pop cheap carpet mats over my lino :D A sack of megazorb does go a long way :D

It does doesn't it!! When I saw the size of the bag I thought it would never be enough, But I have just managed to do all hutches and the shed. just not enough for the nero 4!! I was surprised by how soft and fluffy it was too!

Back