• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nero 4 cage Opinions

Mazda

Warren Veteran
What do you all think of the nero 4 cage?
23455260__1209758304__1__1-4a3b444b5cfa0fcd37375572329635ef.__big__.jpg

Im trying to persuade mum to let pebble live indoors, and i like the look of this cage, i was thinking that you could add nic cubes to make it bigger for the night. She would have free range in my room if she is alowwed to live in the house when ever i am home, which is mostly all the time unsless im at school. The mesurements of the cage are 118 x 64 x 64 cm

What do you all think? x

I think by itself it is too small for her to be in all the time you are at school. If you were to add some panels on so she could have permanent access to a large area it would be fine.

If the pen is nice and large it doesn't matter how big the cage is as they won't be locked in there. How much space do you have for the pen. Something like 6ftx4ft would be nice? Then free range when you are home? Is that possible?

Had this cage for Neo when he was about 8 weeks old. Since he's a Nethie and quite small it was ok for him but within 2 months it became apparent that it wasn't suitable any more. He could still stand up in it etc but just hated being in it. He now has a pen in doors but that's just for his litter tray and food, he's at the stage where he roams free wherever he likes when he wants:D

argh rite i see. Pebble is bigger than a nethie i think.. she weighs 2.14kg. hmm, im not sure now :lol:

Having a cage like that within the pen is quite handy.

Muppet has a cage that size but it's only a base - he has free range of the whole room all day (and beyond some other times). At one end of the cage he has his litter tray and the other half is vet bed and hay. He does spend a lot of time dozing in there quite happily, but that's his choice.

BUT having the litter tray and hay in there means less litter/hay everywhere else in the room, which is nicer for me!!! (Litter gets on his feet when he's in the tray, then when he jumps out the litter drops off his feet but still in the cage, rather than being spread around the room.) Just a tip...!

Muppet is smaller (1.6kg) than your Pebble, but even so that cage would not be big enough for him to be shut in for hours. I had to shut him in the other day, cos I'd dropped a glass and had to clean up, and he was absolutely furious with me :lol:

Back