• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

500 cable ties later!!

Chipmunk_K

Mama Doe
Sooooo Having both Tilly and Ivy staying indoors for such an extended time period, made me feel rather sad for them!! soooo I decided to get on with somthing bigger and better. Our usual indoor spaces, are really only for bunnies to stay for a few nights after spaying, when they just rest, not for long term living. Also I plan on adopting two lovely indoor bunnies, so I may as well make a start on where they will live!!

So here we are at the begining.....

*what you doing mum... where's the roof gone?*
newhome1.jpg

*ooo look I can climb up here*
newhome2.jpg

*now mum don't be silly this floor has holes in it, so the only place to sit is my litter box!*
newhome3.jpg

*Now this is more like it*
newhome4.jpg

newhome6.jpg

What's up here mum?
newhome7.jpg

newhome5.jpg

So as you can see I kept the base from the indoor cage there, untill today when I finally completed the whole thing for real.... and just so you can get an Idea of the size, I sat in it.. though my friend declared the camera too complicated, and never managed to zoom out and get the whole thing... but still you get the idea!!

*mum what on earth are you doing in here... this is MY home!*
newhome10.jpg

So you have ground floor... food, litter trays, hay etc
newhome14.jpg

1st floor ..basically a step! But tilly likes to sit there*
newhome13.jpg

2nd floor... play area, tunnels, tent etc
newhome12.jpg

3rd floor...look out point, though tilly isnt so keen on sitting up there :( it's my fav part :(
newhome11.jpg

and the whole thing together....
newhome15.jpg

Sorry the pictures aren't great the lighting in my room is awful, as the sliding doors are right behind the enclosure....my next project is to build a run on the flat roof, I can open the doors up and they can hop out on the roof (flat) and not fall off the edge and then in, and out, as the mood suits!

Last edited:
wow youve really worked hard and planned well...blimey the base of your indoor cage..what one was that it was huge!

i am sorry to say...i must have either the dumbest or laziest rabbits...i could never have a set up like that..its taken bif a month or so to learn what to do with the ramp in their thistle hall hutch in my lounge! plus bif has permanent soft poos problem due to nerves so imagine the state of that in 24hrs:shock:

the hutch has cheap vinyl floor tiles on the bototm havent done top yet as they havent exactly been using it..dumb bunnies!!

looks a lovley set up..my frenchie monster doe willow would love it as would my two dimwitted cats!:lol:

hope your buns are happy and that you have spare cable ties as you know at some point you will dismantle it to make it better..not that you can but you know what we bunny mummies are like:lol::lol:

That is one beautiful bunny pad. You've given me a few ideas for Tink's new marital home!!

Rudy likes shelves and I have a feeling Tink will be the exploring type :lol::lol:

Rudy likes shelves and I have a feeling Tink will be the exploring type :lol::lol:

Oh yes she really really is :lol:

Thanks everyone.. I know what you mean about remodeling... I have 5 panels left over... at the moment making a bunny gate at the door, but i keep thinking of haw different I could make their home!!

wow that looks good :D what base are you using, it looks like my rat cage but I hadn't realised that wa so big :shock: ?

wow that looks good :D what base are you using, it looks like my rat cage but I hadn't realised that wa so big :shock: ?

I bought two extra large plastic backed door mats from Ikea for the bottom, (don't worry I made sure they were soft) untill I have saved up enough money to buy a roll of vet bad, that will fit the size of the hutch... as for the square (white) indoor cage base, you will have to ask lucy as she dug it out of storage for me when I needed a second indoor cage.

ooo looky what I did

So being rather miffed that tilly wasn't using my fav part *the lookout point* I tricked her up there.....

carrots2.jpg

Well it worked!!
carrots1.jpg

nope it's a proper rabbit one, it has a lid too, it's 1 meter by 1 meter, they were living in that, but I felt it was too small when it seemed like it was going to be a long care period inside!

Back