• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does my bunny think i'm his g/friend???

Well my senior boy Charlie is having what could possibly be a mid life crisis :lol:

He's not been well over the past 9 month and has had 2 jaw abcesses both of which were lanced off. First one appeared Oct 2007, then he had his teeth filed in Feb 2008 and then in April 08 had an abcess lanced again. Then about 2 months ago aother lump appeared and burst (think he caught it on something :shock:) and so took him to the vets again who said it wasn't a abcess and was something to do with a blood vessel (can't remember the technical name) and lots of watery fluid came out. It then healed up and hasn't re-appeared since - infact it looks the best it has since the first abcess appeared in Oct 2007.

Anyway now Charlie seems like a changed rabbit. He still has his bits and pieces in tacked and over the past few months he's been, how shall i put erm very amorous towards me :oops:, particularly my arms and legs and loves nothing more than running round my feet (tripping me up and sending himself flying) and licking me (ahhh don't mind his cute licks) and nipping me :)censored:)...

What is worrying me now though is in the last few days he has got very dominant towards our 2 cats. I can't believe him - when they walk by he chases them down the garden and jumps up and kicks them with his back legs and trys to bite them :shock:, my poor cats don't know what to do other then run/jump out the way. He is even guarding at the back door and trys to attack if they go to their food bowls (he likes their biscuits to)...

Do you think he thinks i'm his g/friend rather than his mummy or could it be possible he's having an identity crisis lol? He's played with the cats for years (he's 7 they're 6) and follows them outside when they go out, comes indoors when they do, and even trys to eat their biscuits with them - it's just in the past few days he's turned aggressive towards his cats friends...

xx

hormoneeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss biggles was terriable you could try giving him a soft toy to curb the urges biggles had 3 but he brings them to me then humps them, :shock:since hes been neutered hes calm down only a little but hes stopped spraying and hes not pooing everywhere now just on the newspaper i put down for him, the more he has urges the more he may nip as buns get a bit carried away and sink there teeth in as they do when holding onto a doe while mating he wont mean it he just wants to really luv you :lol: biggle is 4 so i guess it will take a little longer for his urges to subside as he was done 8 weeks ago and is still a randy lil bu**er, but then all my male buns even the foster ones are really randy :oops: somthing in the air in my house, and yes he will try to hump the cats too when i lived down south the neighbours cat treid her very hardest to get away she never hit him just did the swipe in the air boxing to warn his it never worked though :lol:

hahahaha he drives me mad but i love him to bits :)

at this very minute he running around me licking my feets and thumping his legs lol he's mental...really wish i had got him done when he was young but i just feel it's not worth putting him through the stress as he's now 7 and don't want anything to happen to him...will just have to reject his advances lol :lol:
little monkey...

think i will get him a cuddly toy g/friend though...

hm, sounds like now he doesn't have health problems to worry about he's remembered he's still virile and is making the most of it. :lol:

Back