• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello!

babyboysmommy

Young Bun
I've wanted a rabbit for a long time & we now have a very funny dutch x.

I got him from a childrens farm at 9 weeks old, he's now 14 weeks. We were told he wouldn't grow much bigger but when we took him to the vet's for his vaccinations the vet said 'he's going to be one big bunny'. We had no preference about size so am now happily waiting to see just how big he grows.

He lives in the garden, we bought a Thistle Hall hutch & fennel run although we are now going to buy another run & attach the two together.

He comes in the house every day for a run around the living room & really enjoys it. He's a very friendly rabbit & will follow me around & happily hop on & off my lap when I'm sat on the floor.

I'm a stay at home mum so am in & out all day, I open up the run (attached to the hutch) whenever I'm home, weather permitting.

He uses a litter tray which is great as I clean that out every day & then do a full clean of the hutch once a week.

The children love him but as I keep reminding them - he's mummy's rabbit! :)

Hiya :wave:

Sounds like he's a darling bun! :D fab character already!

Would love to see some piccies of the bun - great to see another bunny-mum on here :wave:

Hi, welcome to the forum. :D
If he is a proper dutch he wont get that big, but obviously a fair bit bigger than he is as a baby. :)

:wave:

Sounds like a cross to me my dutch is realitivly small, but they really are a lovely breed very laid back and generally quite friendly. Look forward to pics!

Thank you for the welcome :) He is a dutch cross we just don't know what he is crossed with. He is thriving, a very healthy & happy rabbit. He really loves his toys & the children have had great fun making him things to play with normally from cardboard boxes & tubes with hay added for good measure ;)

I can't work out how to upload a picture.

Thank you for the welcome :) He is a dutch cross we just don't know what he is crossed with. He is thriving, a very healthy & happy rabbit. He really loves his toys & the children have had great fun making him things to play with normally from cardboard boxes & tubes with hay added for good measure ;)

I can't work out how to upload a picture.

lol they best bunny toys r always home made arent they!

lol!

Back