• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Consultation charges?

lotsofsmoggies

Mama Doe
What does your vet charge? Do they have a flat rate for all animals or is it different for your rabbit compared to a dog?

Just curious.

Mine charges just under £23 for the first consult and then £18 for repeat visits.

HI

I think mine is similar to yours. Meds at mine are cheaper than some other vets I have been to though.

£24 1st consult, £17.50 2nd regardless of animal! Its still 15mins of vet time and overheads regardless of what animal it is.

My vet knows me really well and often doesn't usually charge me at all for consults with the rabbits but I think its generally £17 no matter what animal. My dog had to go last week and the vet wasn't my regular vet and with a couple of bottles of pills it was £45 altogether ...:roll::lol: Usually my own vet doesn't charge me for repeat check ups of anything...I thought that was commonplace as its "an on-going problem" :shock:

Last edited:
£20 to see the vet for consultations at mine :) I paid £60 on three different visits to the vet with a sick rat before I even spoke to a vet who knew what was wrong with him and came home with medication :shock: :?

£20 to see the vet for consultations at mine :) I paid £60 on three different visits to the vet with a sick rat before I even spoke to a vet who knew what was wrong with him and came home with medication :shock: :?

:shock::shock::shock: i took 1 of my buns recently with EC...he was given a steroid injection,anti-biotics and panacur,and it only cost me £24 including consultation :shock:

:shock::shock::shock: i took 1 of my buns recently with EC...he was given a steroid injection,anti-biotics and panacur,and it only cost me £24 including consultation :shock:

At ours you pay £20 to see the vet, then for whatever treatment they have :) Like Beau yesterday I took him to the vets and the vet gave him a pain relief injection, a course of Baytril and a thing of Flamazine and the bill was £47

He is back at the vets Friday and that will be £20 plus anything I may bring home

To bring them for vaccinations its £20 for the appointment and then £20 for each vaccination given, they tried to get me to make two seperate appointments for Trip and Scarlett to get their myxi jabs this year so I would have to pay £40 consultation fees instead of £20 :? :roll:

To bring them for vaccinations its £20 for the appointment and then £20 for each vaccination given,

Crikey, my vet does each rabbit vac and full health check for £30 each and I get one rab "done free":D. There is no way I could afford that! :shock:

Mine charge about £17 for consultation. They do discounts when you have mxyi and VHD done.

I must say though that whenever we've had multiple GI Stasis related trips, on the last check up, they never charge me a consultation fee, I think they think I've suffered enough!

Mine is the same for all animals - about £20 for a first, £16 for a second and about £13 for subsequent consultations, something like that anyway.

My previous practice, before it was taken over, used to charge about £8 for a rabbit, they had a separate scale for 'small pets' (i.e. not cats and dogs!) But like other people, I was there so often, and it was usually me telling them what the problem was, so they rarely charged me consultation fees!

Back