PDA

View Full Version : New style vaccination cards

lotsofsmoggies
06-08-2008, 04:15 PM
When I got Peppa her myxi done I was handed back a card which was green in colour and that you could put a picture of your rabbit in.

Anyone else got one or am I one of the last to get a new style one?

fluffiebunnie
06-08-2008, 04:18 PM
I have never had a vaccination card for any of my pets :(

lotsofsmoggies
06-08-2008, 04:21 PM

Really? :shock: Why ever not? How about if you want to board them when you go on holiday?

Mazda
06-08-2008, 04:33 PM

me neither :?

Letichia
06-08-2008, 04:36 PM
I have one for Freddie, but Bella doesn't have one.

fluffiebunnie
06-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Really? :shock: Why ever not? How about if you want to board them when you go on holiday?

I dont know :( Vets just havent ever given me any... its a nightmare trying to remember two cats and two rabbits vacc for the year...

Mazda
06-08-2008, 04:37 PM
should i ask the vet for one? x

mini lop1
06-08-2008, 04:40 PM
yeah we got new ones yesterday when they went for vhd jabs, it also has panacur woming programme on it too

lotsofsmoggies
06-08-2008, 04:41 PM
I've never had to ask for a card they give them out automatically. Thought all vets would be the same.

I'd ask for a card. They are usually sponsored by a company so theres no reason it would cost a vets anything.

That has shocked me knowing not everyone gets cards. I even get a letter telling the vaccs are due.

lotsofsmoggies
06-08-2008, 04:41 PM
yeah we got new ones yesterday when they went for vhd jabs, it also has panacur woming programme on it too

That'd be the one. You going to add a pic?

mini lop1
06-08-2008, 04:45 PM
That'd be the one. You going to add a pic?

yes i am :D

Mazda
06-08-2008, 04:50 PM
That has shocked me knowing not everyone gets cards. I even get a letter telling the vaccs are due.

We dont even get a letter, i have to remeber when she needs her jabs, she needs her myxi in december and her VHD in october. I will ask bout a card tho :? x

fluffiebunnie
06-08-2008, 04:50 PM
I've never had to ask for a card they give them out automatically. Thought all vets would be the same.

I'd ask for a card. They are usually sponsored by a company so theres no reason it would cost a vets anything.

Yes they sent me reminders for my cats vacc, but didnt for the rabbits which I thought was a bit bad, as I had no idea when they were due, expecting a card to come through the door.... the receptionist said they were posted, but I dont believe them, as there were two separate vacc due on the two bunnies and neither card arrived...

Trying to keep myself in the know, as to when each are due now, but it gets confusing!

Amy104
06-08-2008, 04:56 PM
I've got cards for all four of my buns, all inter-pet ones although they are of three different styles where the keep changing them. They are really handy as my vet was rushed off her feet one morning and forgot to log Bluebell's vac so at least when the other vet asked if he'd been done I could check as with four of them its hard to keep track sometimes. Just had a reminder yesterday that Willow needs her myxi booster.

mini lop1
06-08-2008, 04:58 PM
we get letters also our vets has intorduced a new healthy pet club you only pay 3.95 a month so get vaccinations free, discounts for products and 10% off any other treatment needed including a free health check at any time, so i joined for both rabbits

lisa

lotsofsmoggies
06-08-2008, 05:07 PM
we get letters also our vets has intorduced a new healthy pet club you only pay 3.95 a month so get vaccinations free, discounts for products and 10% off any other treatment needed including a free health check at any time, so i joined for both rabbits

lisa

Liking the sound of your vets. :D

sillyrabbit
06-08-2008, 06:06 PM
My four buns and my cat are all at the same vet but have different vaccination cards :shock: :lol: x

willowholly
06-08-2008, 08:49 PM
mine is 1 i got free with the rabbiting on mag i got well over a year ago.

mini lop1
06-08-2008, 08:50 PM
mine is 1 i got free with the rabbiting on mag i got well over a year ago.

i remember that one :)

KarenM
06-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Alfie's got a vaccination card but not one with space for a photo *sulk* - he only had his first jab about 3 wks ago too. :cry:

Thea & Bobbin
06-08-2008, 09:11 PM
Buns are going in on Friday for their jabs so will see if we get new ones :D

All those who don't get cards - I would be a bit annoyed, I too thought it was common place :? I would question your vets, and depending on the answer they give, possibly consider changing practice ;)

donnamt
06-08-2008, 10:14 PM
if you dont get cards what do the vets do with the stickers from the vaccines???

i dont have the new style and with these pair only being a year old im a long way off filling the current cards :(

Thea & Bobbin
06-08-2008, 10:49 PM
if you dont get cards what do the vets do with the stickers from the vaccines???

i dont have the new style and with these pair only being a year old im a long way off filling the current cards :(

Maybe they'll give us nice new ones anyway!! ;) :lol:

:oops:

donnamt
07-08-2008, 07:25 AM
Maybe they'll give us nice new ones anyway!! ;) :lol:

:oops:

fingers crossed huh :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Samantha
07-08-2008, 09:06 AM
deleted

Mazda
07-08-2008, 09:42 AM

What stickers? :oops:

Jazzy B Bunny
07-08-2008, 10:16 AM
I didnt get given one to me untile yesterday :shock: The vet asked me if I had one and he was a bit confused that I didnt, so he gave mne one each for my buns they are blue with a pic oof a grey bunny on the front and a place to write their names. The vet onlyput yesterdays vaccs in and not the previous ones though.

donnamt
07-08-2008, 01:36 PM
What stickers? :oops:

on the little bottle that the vaccine comes in theres a sticker that my vet sticks onto the card... says exactly what was given and even the batch number etc.. he then signs and dates the card :D

Mazda
07-08-2008, 01:37 PM
on the little bottle that the vaccine comes in theres a sticker that my vet sticks onto the card... says exactly what was given and even the batch number etc.. he then signs and dates the card :D

ooh rite! i understand :D I am going to ring my vets to ask about the card :D

Chipmunk_K
07-08-2008, 01:51 PM
without vaccine cards insurance is worthless :shock: thats your proof of looking after your pet!!

And thats not fair *stamp* I want a vaccine card I can put piccies of my bunnies on! Mine are just boring, and they don't even match! :cry::cry:

Mazda
07-08-2008, 01:53 PM
without vaccine cards insurance is worthless :shock: thats your proof of looking after your pet!!

Pebble isnt insured :oops:
im still getting a card tho x

Thea & Bobbin
07-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Pebble isnt insured :oops:
im still getting a card tho x

Yes you should get one anyway. The sticker with the batch number on in proof that your bun was given the vaccine. If there are any adverse side effects the manufacture should be made aware, quoting the batch number :)

wendle
07-08-2008, 04:16 PM
My cards are like yours Jazz each name of vaccine with date at side signed by the vet and the date they are next due but they will send a reminder thru post and send for me for their teenage check up and nearer the time let me no when its nearly time for them to be speyed :)

Tinky
08-08-2008, 09:50 AM
Every practice I've worked in has always given certificates out... I can't understand why half of you have never received them! Every time we get a delivery of Myxo vacs, we get a bundle of certificates with them, so I presume that all practices should have them! There are 2 stickers with each vaccine - one on the bottle, and another on a sheet in the box. So the practice can keep one for their records, and the other goes on your vaccination certificate.