• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hutch bedding

Hello

In my hutch i have newspaper, meagazorb and hay in their toilet area. Then hay all over.

I don't think sawdust is very good for buns, it has been known to cause some respiratory problems. Megazorb is much better for rabbits.

My rabbits live in a shed so I have lino on the floor and two large litter trays full of hay with newspaper at the bottom. I guess the same can be done in a hutch? One thing I would say though is there anyway to attach a large run to the hutch as its far to small:( Sorry but Its just my opinion. Louis is ubber cute Btw:love:

Newspaper all over floor, shredded paper for bedding, hay in a hay rack and a litter tray in the corner with newspaper and woodshavings in it.

If your using a litter tray don't use woodshavings,megazorb etc in the tray and then all over the floor the bunny gets confused and doesn't know which bit should then be the toilet area.

As of today ive lino on my hutch floors :lol: My lot have newspaper on the floor during summer, vetbed during winter and megazorb in their litter trays :) I dont put hay on the floor, I put it in baskets next to their litter trays or in their hanging hay racks x

Back