• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sheets of lino or individual tiles?

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
:wave:

For those who have lino in their hutches/sheds did you use the sticky tiles or a big sheet of lino cut to size? :)

Im doing mine today :shock: I told my mum I was going to get a roll of the stuff and she said we have boxes of the sticky tiles in the shed which we do not need so im wondering if I should just use them :?

Even if I stick them really close together is it likely any pee will get inbetween or underneath? Also are they easy to remove from the wood if this happens?

Thanks x

My auntie has a rabbit shed that is tiled and she is finding it a real hassle because oh the wee getting through the gaps and her rabbits chew on the tiles but its not like he hasnt stuck them down its just they keep coming un glued i think

Mine are litter trained so when I say pee going through the gaps I am assuming they will have the odd accident by the way :)

Ok if they become unstuck maybe that means they are easy enough to pull up if they dont work out :)

I use a sheet of lino and cut it to size, then i can make it so it goes a little bit up the sides, instead of just covering the floor... it protects the *wee corner* untill they are litter trained, but i do know there are people on here who use the tiles and they have never said they have a problem, I can't tell you how effective they are when it comes to wee going down the gaps as I've never tired them, and I've no idea how easy they would be to come off, but i guess it should work in much the same way, I mean you never get water leaking through lino tiles in the house, so I guess as long as you fit it right!... sorry not much help hehe

We picked a few boxes of stick down tiles from the "bargain bucket" in Homebase (I think they are called Santuary or something) to go on the chipboard floor of their indoor hutch. As of now, even our crazy Rex hasn't been able to get them up.

I use sheets of lino as they dont lift as easily as tiles and no grub can get inbetween :D If you have some freebie tiles try them and see how you get on ;)

Thanks guys :wave: I think I will try the tiles in Trip and Scarletts happyhutch before I stick anything to my Ryedale hutch :lol: x

I've used the self adhesive tiles and they are great, just make sure you line them up really well and stick down all corners firmly. Now mine are down you wouldn't even know they are tiles.

I would go with a whole sheet as my buns ate their tiles when I put them in their hutches. They dont come off nicely either they leave load so flumps and stickiness.

Orchid actually ate through our lino floor in our last house though - I personally wouldnt go with lino at all laminate is much better :)

Thanks hun I will look at laminate :) x

Ooh we've just taken the laminate up from our kitchen and it was awful... the wee had got through the joints and was lying underneath for months, or years - it was stinking! We're getting lino laid today and am making sure its sealed at the edges so theres no wee troubles.

ive been daft and fitted the tiles overlapping like i shouldnt until i can get some lino cut offs or sample squares..so far so good even withbifs sticky bum,..i say put down tiles tehn get some lino to put over the top..the tiles stay put but the lino can be removed and replaced when you need to likeim going to!

ive been daft and fitted the tiles overlapping like i shouldnt until i can get some lino cut offs or sample squares..so far so good even withbifs sticky bum,..i say put down tiles tehn get some lino to put over the top..the tiles stay put but the lino can be removed and replaced when you need to likeim going to!

Thats actually a brilliant idea hun :) Thank you! :) I put down the tiles but will go and get some sheets at the weekend to go over them x

I got vinyl stick down tiles on my bunnys floor then i have 4 large carpet tiles aswell so they dont slip n up to now no probs at all they do the occasional poo on the floor but thank the lord all wees go in litter trays :)

:wave: I WENT TODAY AND THE GIY IN A SHOP SAID CHEAP RIGHT SIZED OFF CUTS UPSTAIRS.....Oops sorry caps lock:oops: but i wasnt able to go up there today...went with my mum as her cataracts are making eye sight rubbish and we had to get a taxi home after shopping..id have never have made it down to asda and round it and out with that!:lol:

but yup vinyl tiles as a base and lino over the top perfect for sticky bums too like bifs and tinkel fairys like bandit..altho i must say since hes been with ehr and in that hutch hes not been tinkling everywhere..touch wood..now ive said that hell do it all over:lol:....i couldnt use carpet for reasons already stated:oops:

Back