• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

most useful vet items

what is the most useful items to owen just incase louis has an accident or something because if i do upgrade to having more rabbits then i want to have a box with some useful stuff in like eye drops or something now i just need to know th essentials :?

Most meds have to be got from the vets.
I have syringes, probiotic, recovery food, tweezers, nail clippers, cotton wool, vaseline and a comb.

Oh Okay
Well Thats Helpful Because I Just Thought Because I Have Read All About Rabbits Getting Ill I Just Didnt Know The Essentials Incase Of An Emergency But Now I Know.
Anymore Suggestion Anybody?

babies have it when they get gas

there are some other threads on here with essentials on!!!!!!

rabbits r costing me a small fortune lol

Here is a link hun

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=46658

In mine for the buns I have

Bandages
Cotton wool
Tweezers
Baby wipes
Bunny soothing gel for wounds
Wound powder
Syringes
Baby wipes
Heatpads

I dont keep any medicine in the house for my buns because I wouldnt dare give them anything without seeing my vet first.

My only essential in case of an emergency is my vets phone number which is saved in my mobile and house phone, stuck to the fridge, stuck to the first aid box and written next to each phone in the house :)

I do keep medication in the house for my rats except for Baytril, but with permission from my vet incase their breathing trouble starts up again. But the same with them in the case of emergency or for anything that is not breathing they go straight to the vet no matter what time it is :) x

These are what I have in my rabbity box...

Infacol (I use 1ml when any rab is funny about food, just before I take them to the vet)
Liquid Paraffin (from the vet, for hairy peppercorn poos)
Gorgeous Guineas Bugs-Be-Gone (mites prevention)
Xeno 450 (mites treatment)
Panacur (EC treatment)
Sudocrem (for sore hocks/baldy patches from runny eyes)
Gorgeous Guineas bumblefoot cream (for sore hocks/arthritic toes)
Papaya tablets (hairball prevention when moulting)
Science Rescue Recovery sachets
Syringes of various sizes (without needles) and an eye dropper, which is really good for getting recovery into bunny mouths!
Avipro probiotic

Plus prescription stuff for my special needs buns.

Back