• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Having a poo day, Patch aint well :-( UPDATED - back from vets

Pringle

Warren Veteran
Well had Patch at vet last week as he just want as energetic as normal and his right eye just didnt look bright. Vet said she thinks he had a respitary (sp?) infection so got antibiotics and had to take him back to vet on Thursday, but this morning i gave him his medicine then fed him and his left side of mouth looked a bit swollen, he hasnt been eating as normal lately either. So i got an appointment at vet and Sy took him for me while i was at work, vet gave us lapizole to give him, a different kind of panacur? has to be given for 28days. This is just to rule out anything like that, she also said one of his teeth on left side was digging into his gum which is making his mouth but swollen and the cause of him not eating properly, so now Patch is booked in for dental tomorrow :cry:..... He was the last bunny i thought would have got this as he eats hay 24/7 :(:(:( always sitting in his box munching on it. Im just feeling so **** right now, feeling so sorry for Patch, everything seems to be up with him at the minute.... We had a cuddle earlier hes such a soft little man.:love::love:

Can i have vibes for tomorrow please. As really worried about my little man :( xx

Last edited:
You poor thing - must be worried, I hope it all goes okay. Fingers-crossed for you and loadsa vibes! x x x

Thanks guys :(. Just so worried, i hope his dental goes ok and he recovers quick. Hope it is just his teeth that are bothering him, im really worried its something else too:( xx

Thank you Soad, im just worrying as he has never had anything wrong with him before :(. Im used to Pringle having dentals as he gets them regularly, but by the time he gets home, hes normally eating and hopping aroung like normal. Just worried about Patch as hes never had one before :( xx

Tons of vibes :love: I know what you mean, Rhia is a really good hay eater & she had to have a dental today - Weird :? Will be thinking of Patch tomorrow :) X

Update

Thanks everyone, thanks Kareen :)

Well Patch was in for dental today and the vet said his teeth werent bad at all, and doesnt think they would have caused a problem:? so tonight i gave him lots of hugs when he got home and checked him over to find he has mites :shock: i looked at Spot too and she has them as well. I feel so guilty for not noticing them before but i never seem to think of mites when buns are poorly, but from now on i will. So im just wondering if its the mites thats irratating patch and puting him off colour :(. I phoned vet to ask if they checked him for mites as nothing got mentioned so just waiting on the vet that patch was at to phone me!

Hmmm..poor wee buns :(.. xx

Glad everything went ok for Patch today :) Im sure he'll be feeling much better when hes got rid of those nasty mites!! Poor Patch! :love:'s for Patch

Back