• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

litter training

i have been thinking of training louis but he does it everywhere but the box.
can anybody give me some tips or anything about litter training?

Re: Litter Training

Do you know how to train a dog to a house..? Well it's sorta like that. What I did was give mine a treat when he goes in the litter box to do his business. At first they want you out of the room. But once they're used to it you can be petting them if you want.

put the poos in the litter box?? this is what we did with our bunny and he eventually picked it up! also, if he poos in a certain area of his hutch, place the litter tray there and dont move it. I have 2 foster bunnies at the moment and its taken me ages to litter train those. Dont give up though!! i hope this helps

Hey..

I'm in the process of litter training Honey...

All I can suggest is make the litter box more interesting so your rabbit loves been in it because once they do it makes it a lot more easier...

So put food near it & hay in too so your bunny can munch away as they do their 'business'

Just keep cleaning the corners where you bunny keeps going & put a bit of it in the litter tray.

Make sure they cant smell any urine in the corners though so use bunny disinfectant or white vinegar.

& maybe add another litter box in until your bunny gets the hang of it.

Try different litters too, obviously they will make mistakes.

Best of luck.

Back