• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Plastic tray or metal tray?

Sweetie

Mama Doe
Hi Everyone

Just wondered what everyones oppinion was on the trays that come with the dog crates. I currently have a metal tray which is erroding due to bunny 'accidents' but wondered if a heavy duty plastic tray would fare any better??

I had a plastic tray which came with the crate and it was a teensy bit warped so when sorrel ran across it, it made a clattering noise, which upset her. I threw it away and got a bit of carpet instead. :D

My dog crate has a plastic tray, and it also makes a noise when the bunnies hop around, but I put a towel between the tray and the metal bottom to avoid this. Works fine.
The reason why I chose a plastic tray is simply the weight. I usually take the tray into the bathtub and scrub and rinse it off there. I did not want to drag around a heavy metal tray.

Louis Is In A Dog Cage While The Hutch Is On Its Way And The Cage Has A Plastic Bottom And Doesnt Make A Sound Even When He Hops Around.
Emma + Louis X

i do the same as bavarian bunny i strip my plastic tray take upstairs to be cleaned in the bath, i have an ole towel underneath too, i personaly wouldnt use metal, imagine you decideing to have a nibble on cold metal, makes my teeth go just thinking about it,

Back