• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moulting...

melaniejb

Mama Doe
Do your rabbits get a bit 'under the weather' when they are moulting?

Albert is currently moulting, the worst I have ever seen him in the 3.5 years we've had him. He had been staying at my Mum's house for 2 weeks whilst I was on holiday and when she bought him back to me, I hardly recognised him! He looked like a hedgehog!!!! Anyway, I've since bought the buns down to London and I'm just a bit concerned about Albert. Poppy is absolutely fine but Albie isn't quite right.

He's eating fine, pooing and drinking. I haven't seen any caecotrophs and he seems quite chilled (sits with legs out, tried to hump Poppy yesterday :roll: ). So there isn't anything obviously wrong, he's just grumpier than usual...is that normal for when a bun's in moult or do you think it's got something to do with moving house? I hope he's OK :?

Our buns are normally fine when they moult, so cant really help :( maybe its to do with the house move, stressed from the journey :? hope he picks up soon

Back