• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

settling in

well i got louis on sunday afternoon and he is all friendly and wont bite and scratch but he doesnt seem to play with his toys.
and when i let him off in my room yesterday when i tried to pick him up to put him in his cage he just hopped away ='[
what do i do?
i cant give him any treats like carrots or basil or anyything fresh because he doesnt like it.
help?!

I put a box down with familiar smells inside e.g. hay from hutch, pellets etc. and wait until mine hop in then swoop and pick it up - bunny and all! Or I use a tube/tunnel thing which I put in their hutch - they run into it and I pick it up with them inside (one at a time!) It's become a habit for them now because they're not keen on being picked up and it becomes a game to be chased!! best advice is patience - don't dart at rabbit as he/she'll just scare and leg it! Good luck. Been there so many times so know how you feel :?:)

Back