• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit runs side by side

lotsofsmoggies

Mama Doe
What is the possiblity of having two runs side by side with Mocha and Charlie in one and Peppa in the other causing a problem? Would it be advisable to block off the view in to each run for the buns?

We are have now concreted the base for Peppa's run and ordered 30m of weld mesh. So this weekend weather permitting we will be run building. So need to plan into the budget plyboard for view blocking.

If they can see each other it could cause fights between your pair, referred agression.
but it may not..only trying will tell
are you going to bond as a trio or do you need a partner for Peppa?..if you need a boy bun I know where there are one or two!:lol:

Last edited:
It all depends on your buns to be honest. Some of our boarders are fine in view of others in the runs and lay down at the side looking at each other. Others start scrapping and chasing each other and we have to block the view off.

No, no bonding into a trio. I'd have a heart attack! Charlie and Mocha are so good together I don't want to ruin it and upset them. So Peppa is on the look out for a husbun. She will be spayed next week and have her teeth sorted (bit of over growth to sort). Think she'd be a feisty one to bond she won't be like Charlie, running away all the time. Then its the VHD jab to be done she will be on the loose.

I have my eye on one or two of your delightful boys. ;) Bet you can't guess who. :lol:

Right well Tree is dead lucky with hers and her buns are fine side by side however if any of my pairs see another pair even from a distance they will all start fighting their partners :roll: I would say deffo block off the view from my experience :wave:

errr Digby??;) although i have to say Percy is a darling:love:

That'll be the ones. :oops: :lol: Percy and Peppa I'm liking the sound already... I liked the look of Percy as soon as I saw him. Hubby keeps asking me things like so 'he might be ready when we and Peppa are'. Think he likes him too.

And of course Digby. :love: But knowing madam Peppa she'll beat the life out of Digby. :roll: But then again complete opposites and all that. What ever will be will be. We will certainly be heading your way when Peppa is ready. :D

Most of my foster buns, love having the other buns in their sights, but my own pair, will scrap when they glimse other buns, so their run has a sheet all round it blocking their view.. It's just trial and error, if they scrap the first day, don't do it again! hehe!

If you are going to try them side by side I'd just make sure that there is double netting between them so no-one's nose gets bitten!

I have two pair actually alongside each other, but my other rabbits kick off if they see the other pairs.

Really is trial and error, but I hope for your sake that they are fine, as it's a real pain having to keep covering different runs off to stop any aggression.

That'll be the ones. :oops: :lol: Percy and Peppa I'm liking the sound already... I liked the look of Percy as soon as I saw him. Hubby keeps asking me things like so 'he might be ready when we and Peppa are'. Think he likes him too.

And of course Digby. :love: But knowing madam Peppa she'll beat the life out of Digby. :roll: But then again complete opposites and all that. What ever will be will be. We will certainly be heading your way when Peppa is ready. :D

Percy is a sweetie:love:

At my previous house when my buns runs were side by side I had to put a barrier down the middle as my nethies would fight whenever they saw the lops :roll:

Wow.Inever block my rabbits from each other when in the runs, I also swap around so they will regularly see different rabbits. That is with entire females as well. Never had a problem, wasn't even aware there would be one until I saw this thread.
Watch this, it'll all go pear-shaped now.:roll:

Back