• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hack pictures

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
We managed to get some pics before the accident so here they are- I blocked my friend out for obv. reasons but I look like a fat idiot with a hay stack for hair so I blocked me out aswell :oops:
(it's me on the black horse and my friend on the grey pony)

Marcello in the field:
block5.jpg

Marcello on the hack:
block2.jpg

block1.jpg

Snowy in the field:
block4.jpg

Snowy on the hack:
block3.jpg

I thought these pictures would just remind me of what happened, and they do but not in a bad way :lol:

Both ponies are just gorgeous! I always think ponies are so much more fun than horses and wish I was small enough to still ride them :love::love::love:

Black horse is gorgeous :love:

Is he a cob cross?

Your friend on the grey pony is too big, but not weight wise, but she does realise that will mess up her riding posture, riding a horse too small.

Thanks everyone :D Out of the two of us she is the only one who can ride the little one :lol:
Lots of taller people ride little ponies so I don't see the problem :? she's fine with it, the horse is fine with it and the horse's owner is fine with it.

Awww, they are gorgeous!

Marcello looks like my Black Jack when he was younger and not so grey!

Thanks everyone :D Out of the two of us she is the only one who can ride the little one :lol:
Lots of taller people ride little ponies so I don't see the problem :? she's fine with it, the horse is fine with it and the horse's owner is fine with it.

sorry to disagree but with what happened to you on the hack I would say your friend is not fine with it:?
both animals are lovely:D

so you're also saying i'm not fine riding the bigger one?
not out on the roads unaccompanied no ..sorry but apart from the fact that you both could have been killed..the horses could have been..and you could have caused a major road accident with others being injured/killed

I think the owner was irresponsible..and the two of you were a bit too eager to go out on your own..afterall you haven't been riding that long have you?

not meant to be nasty just fully aware of possible consequences:(

perhaps ask around for a bomb proof horse to ride..an old plodder is good to start with:D

All animals are unpredicatable.
Just the horse spooked once doesn't mean it isn't an old plodder but it doesn't mean it won't happen again.
Hilly is like this all the time, but i'm a very experienced rider and i know exactly what to do.
Has the owner got a menage or a field of their own you can work in?

All animals are unpredicatable.
Just the horse spooked once doesn't mean it isn't an old plodder but it doesn't mean it won't happen again.
Hilly is like this all the time, but i'm a very experienced rider and i know exactly what to do.
Has the owner got a menage or a field of their own you can work in?

I agree!

Lovely horse Beth x

they are bombproof, that's why we are riding them, we have both been riding for nearly a year now

I've been riding for 30 years and have NEVER come across a completely bomb proof horse! Even your "old plodder" can be startled by something. A friend recently lost her 25yr old "bombproof"mare cos some idiot in a car decided to throw something at the horse as he was passing making her jump into the path of another oncoming car!
I'm sorry but after only riding for nearly a year, you should not have been on the roads without an experienced road rider!

Don't want to sound picky, but I would never hack out on roads without a high visability vest on. I used to have a great one which said 'Caution Young Horse'

It also helps to have somebody a bit older with you, who knows the Highway Code well. Believe it or not, there are lots of 'Dos and Donts' concerning riding on the public highway...e.g. hand signals, etc.

Back