• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dandy escaped again last night!

:lol::lol:

OMG how did he do it? Must admit his Mum, Mocha makes a break for the door daily and she has also been up the main garden. She can be a little tinker. Maybe he has extra escape artist genes in him. :lol:

:lol::lol:

OMG how did he do it? Must admit his Mum, Mocha makes a break for the door daily and she has also been up the main garden. She can be a little tinker. Maybe he has extra escape artist genes in him. :lol:

Ive no idea ive never known a rabbit like him:lol:

How have you attached the run to the hutch? My guess is thats the likely point of escape. Maybe you could attach the run close to the wall using hooks. Or is there a doorway in the run? It looks like you've made the run from the cubes sold at B&Q. Ive got 2 cages made from those & 2 of my rabbits can force their way through the door which I used to hold closed with tie wire. I now use 2 padlocks, 1 at the top & the other at the bottom. Hopefully that will give you some ideas to how to contain your very own Houdini

How have you attached the run to the hutch? My guess is thats the likely point of escape. Maybe you could attach the run close to the wall using hooks. Or is there a doorway in the run? It looks like you've made the run from the cubes sold at B&Q. Ive got 2 cages made from those & 2 of my rabbits can force their way through the door which I used to hold closed with tie wire. I now use 2 padlocks, 1 at the top & the other at the bottom. Hopefully that will give you some ideas to how to contain your very own Houdini

Its a puppy pen there in the hutch is inside the puppy pen,those panels were attached because he was quite small and i didnt want him to get his head stuck in the gaps
The pen looks like this its very strong as its for dogs
000_0713.jpg

000_0711.jpg

My next question is. how high is the pen? My mini rex can just over 3ft onto the top of my sideboard. Thats where I kept their treats & I noticed they were disappearing & I kept blaming the kids for feeding them to the buns wen I was out. then one day I caught Pumpkin in the act. Had no idea such a tiny bun could jump so high Maybe your Dandy has bionic legs & jumps & pull himself over the top :lol:

My next question is. how high is the pen? My mini rex can just over 3ft onto the top of my sideboard. Thats where I kept their treats & I noticed they were disappearing & I kept blaming the kids for feeding them to the buns wen I was out. then one day I caught Pumpkin in the act. Had no idea such a tiny bun could jump so high Maybe your Dandy has bionic legs & jumps & pull himself over the top :lol:

He cant jump it
it has the lid on the now as shown in the first pic! its 5ft high

Put something heavy on the roof. I could never figure out how Rodeny was escaping from his pen that was of a similar type. He was lifting it up and squeezing underneath it. So i put some bricks on top of it and hey presto no more escaping bunny.

Put something heavy on the roof. I could never figure out how Rodeny was escaping from his pen that was of a similar type. He was lifting it up and squeezing underneath it. So i put some bricks on top of it and hey presto no more escaping bunny.

Its all cable tied together so no gaps to squeeze through plus he has nothing to push againist as its 5ft high

ohh he is in a shed thats ok!!!!! :D at least if he gets out he cant come to any harm i hope you find out how he is getting out sometimes its what we least expect!!!! it was with our abby bunnys :lol:

ohh he is in a shed thats ok!!!!! :D at least if he gets out he cant come to any harm i hope you find out how he is getting out sometimes its what we least expect!!!! it was with our abby bunnys :lol:

Thats why i said it didnt matter they only sleep in there at night there outside in a run during the day

Back