• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Urgent!!!!

samigator

New Kit
I was looking up rabbit eyes on google, and I noticed that their eyes are different from my little dwarf's eyes. :(
My Dwarf rabbit's eye looks normal, other than a white substance in the inner corner of both his eyes, it looks like a film. He acts normal, but I worry. And I dont want to actually do anything unless I know what I am doing or what it is.

please help.

Either it's the third eyelid or sleep :) Since it's in both eye's I'd suggest it's the former rather than the latter.

Either it's the third eyelid or sleep :) Since it's in both eye's I'd suggest it's the former rather than the latter.

sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but what do you mean third eyelid? is a sleep the same as what humans get when they wake up in the morning?

I thought 3rd eyelid also.Rabbits and some other animals have inner eyelids to help protect there eyes from infection better. I had a cat who had eye problems some years ago and inner eyelid would close in corners.

the vet should either give a eye cream or ABS, nt sure which with rabbits though?

:wave: Hi my bridge buns eyes had this, i was told by vet it was his inner eyelid, hope this puts your mind to rest.xDeb:D

sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but what do you mean third eyelid? is a sleep the same as what humans get when they wake up in the morning?

Hopper has explained 3rd eyelid; and yes, sleep like humans get - they have trouble cleaning it out of their own eyes & I've noticed even with three buns they don't really get it out of each others eyes either :roll: :lol::lol:

Back