• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is there such a thing?!

Starlight

Warren Veteran
Came across this advert, purebred mini lionlops? Please tell me if i am wrong but i am sure, unlike the ad says, that they are just crossbreeds!? As lionlop isnt even a known breed!

PURE BRED MINI LIONLOPS
I am a BRC member, breeding and showing mini lionlops. Due to a productive breeding program, I have a couple of babies, one black butterfly buck and one blue buck, bred from excellent quality, show parents. These babies are not lionhead/mini lop cross breeds, but pure bred mini lionlops-there is a difference.
For more details please feel free to contact me

Can someone then tell me the difference?!:? I would be interested to know!!

maybe their parents were mini lion lops as opposed to lionhead or mini lop? :? no Idea really just thought I'd reply cause no one else had :? :lol:

Lionlops are a recognised and shown breed. I have bred lionlops peronally (not now) They are basically a mini lop with a mane xx

But would you class a mini lionlop as a "purebred breed" :?

I didnt even think lionlop was classed as a breed to be honest!!

pure bred means both mummy and daddy are mini lion lops, as apposed to one being a mini lop, and one being a lionhead... see it's a bit like with dog,s they are cross bred to create a new breed, like miniature schnauzers etc, but once the breed is established, then the parentage must be both the same breed so you can guaruntee the result always being a mini lionhead lop, when you cross breed bunnies, the results vary! Also the baby of a crossbred mini lionhead lop, may just end up being a lionhead, or a mini lop... there is no certain result. Gosh it's confusing, and yes technically all breeds are crossbred to create the breed! so you will always have the argument!

pure bred means both mummy and daddy are mini lion lops, as apposed to one being a mini lop, and one being a lionhead... see it's a bit like with dog,s they are cross bred to create a new breed, like miniature schnauzers etc, but once the breed is established, then the parentage must be both the same breed so you can guaruntee the result always being a mini lionhead lop, when you cross breed bunnies, the results vary! Also the baby of a crossbred mini lionhead lop, may just end up being a lionhead, or a mini lop... there is no certain result. Gosh it's confusing, and yes technically all breeds are crossbred to create the breed! so you will always have the argument!

:shock:
Im even more confused now :lol:

But i get the jist of what you mean though:D

Back