• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Biting Bunny

samigator

New Kit
My 13 week old bunny bit me hard last night. I read that when they bite they don't break skin, but the wound was very deep and I was bleeding like crazy. Its the first time that he ever done that. He'd nibble on clothing but never on me.
At first I thought it might be because he needed something to chew on, but i had to wait until today to get something for him. (my mom forgot to pick it up).
It wasn't until after I had cleaned his cage did he stop doing it.

Could it because he wanted his cage clean, or could there be another reason why, and that he knows that he hurt me?

hellpp.

bunny biting

bunnys bite for many reasons....such as,
you are in thier way
they want attention
actually to show they like you a"love bite"
-bunnies dont realise these hurt!

if your bunny bites,tap him/her on the head and make a "squeal" noise-embarrasing?-YES but rabbits naturally associate squealing with pain and when they learn they usually stop:D
good luck! :love: xoxo

well im always getting nips and generally its cos im in the way of their play :roll: however myxi bit me quite nastily the other day in a sensitive area lol so i screamed and she hasnt bit again

what?!

sound wierd that you had a sensitive area out around your rabbit!:lol: maybe i just read it wrong *giggle* your rabbit looks just like mines!!! except mines is a dwarf dutch :):wave::):p;):love:

my netherland drwaf used to bite me a lot before i got him neutered. he me bit hard twice, once on the arm (broke the skin) and once on my neck. now he only bites me (lightly) if he wants to go back inside his cage or he doesn't like being held.

my late bunny Fudge used to bite me alot usually if there was soimething different going on that he didn't like eg: fireworks, christmas decorations, general noise :? i still have the scars :cry: I used to give him time out but he wouldn't calm down until he'de got me :evil:

My late Mr. Buns was a biter - when he bit, he wouldn't let go until you tapped him on the nose - I think it was his way of getting attention - he was a bit on the "ornery" side but I still miss the little guy.

Brigitte

Back