• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my 3 mice

touie

Wise Old Thumper
3 little spiny mice I haven't posted pics of them for ages so here they are in their house. They like it so much that they never wee in it or nibble it!!! :DMost other things are ruined in a week :shock:
DSCF1560.jpg

DSCF1561.jpg

How cuteeeeee?!! Do they take up much time? I wanted to get some guinea pigs when we move but I already struggle time wise with the buns & Ven and have recently been sucked in by mice & thought maybe get a couple instead? Easy enough pets or are they anything like rabbits? :? :lol:

How cuteeeeee?!! Do they take up much time? I wanted to get some guinea pigs when we move but I already struggle time wise with the buns & Ven and have recently been sucked in by mice & thought maybe get a couple instead? Easy enough pets or are they anything like rabbits? :? :lol:

I believe Spiny mice are easier than fancy mice (not that I have had fancies)as they are desert creatures so don't wee much or do messy poo!!! Mine are really easy, they aren't keen on being handled but are quite happy to run over you and are really entertaining to watch. Also there are still lots needing homes from a large rescue last year.

Downside is that they are all identical so I can't tell them apart :?

Aww... lovely to see your spinies again. :)

Yes, spiny mice are very different to fancy mice. As well as looking quite different, fancy mice are generally smellier, smaller, and tamer than spinies. Also spiny mice live far longer and are more intelligent.

Back