• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

please help!! :(

bunny-lover

Young Bun
:cry: my rabbits are due in on wednesday to be neuterd...but im worried... will they pull through?
will they pull out thier stitches?
will they pull out EACH-OTHERS stitches?
should i separate them until they heal?

please help! im so worried for my bunnies :(:cry:

milly-moozer&cookie-crumbles are my babies:love:
xx help please...anyone!!?

I had my two girls done 3 years ago and yes it is a worry.

My two went in and come home together I put them in their hutch; they just laid together for comfort. I did try to encourage them to eat with their favourite treats. They didn't touch their stitches, but I know some rabbits do, so I guess keep a close eye on them.

My two were back to normal in a couple of days.

Try not to worry; you are doing the best thing for them.

Louise

I found it's more single rabbits that pull out their stitches coz they are bored! Please don't seperate them as they find comfort in each other as they get better! I know it's scary, but try not to worry too much, I have taken sooooooo many rabbits to be neutered, and only once, have I had a bunny pull out her stitches, but she was so restless, she hated being inside, without the freedom of the run, so it was an act of boredom! more then anything else. I've even had a dwarf bunny go in when the vet said it was a high risk as he was small, and he came out bouncing!! I know there are people who have bad experiances, but it's the same in like crossing the road, yes sometimes people get hit, but for the most part you cross over safely. There will alway be a risk, but your vet has probably performed 100's of procedures, and gets better at it everytime! Plus there are risks with not getting them neutered, so all in all your doing a very good thing for your bunnies! You should be proud!

Hi
I have literally just got back form Eric and Ernie being neutered.

Apart form looking a bit hung over, they are fine.
They are eating some veg and fruit (bit of a treat for them) and I am leaving them to rest in their own hutches. I think they'll sleep for the afternoon (as usual).

it is a worry when they are in, but it is nice to know they are in the right hands and a relief when you get them home.

i will be keeping a close eye on them the next couple of days, just to make sure they are eating, drinking, and going to the loo o.k

Mine have got glue to close them up, and have been assureed that they will be o.k
I will just check every day to make sure it all looks good.

Just to let you know, they went in at 9.50am today and I picked them up at 3.15pm. I did all my housework to keep me busy and take my mind of them.

Hope it all goes well for you all.

Thank you

everyone replied so quick! you are all life savers! im not so worried now..i think the hardest part will be dropping them off at the vets!!:( lol milly and cookie send big kisses!:) thankyou everyone! keep the replies coming :);)

OH DEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:s

:? I HAVE JUST WENT OUT TO CHECK ON MY RABBITS!!
i have just went out to check on them as they are running about on my trampoline (14square foot) with tunnels/boxes etc...and cookie was mounting millys face!!!!!!!!!!:shock::? cookie has serious problems:lol: hahah i have separated them now though :lol:

:wave: nicole xxx

Sorry, just to add something else that I forgot to say previously.

I bought some carefresh bedding for mine today, so they can lay in comfort.
Seems to be working for them, as they would normally lay in their litter tray.

I got the advice to buy this from people on this forum.
It's a great site this. it has really helped me with all my worries. Don't be afriad to ask questions and look for re-assurance!:)

trampoline

the trampoline has a safety net and has been bunny proofed,,,the net has been sprayed with anti-nibble stuff so they dont eat the nylon :) on the trampoline (14ft) they have an igloo,tunnel,2boxes,see-saw:p,food and water...even litter tray!!! they are pamperd and spoiled rotten :lol: :)
xxx thanks for your concern x:D

trampoline...is it enclosed? they could fall off! are they male and female?

when i bought my rabbits we were told they were both females...and our vet said so too(obviously a **** vet) as they turned out to be both males!! we had already named them milly and cookie-cookie was a fine name but milly is a girly name..i just left it as i didnt want to confuse milly as it answers to its name:D millys full name is milly-moozer so i just call him moozer now and he answers fine:p (cookies full name is cookie crumbles) :p

thankyou for replying :love:
xoxoxoxox

Back