• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

myxo and VHD injections, help please...

Scooner

Young Bun
Hello,

I am about to take Oscar to be bonded and, quite rightly, they have asked he is injected for both myxo and VHD. The person i got him from runs her own boarding so although he has had her injections she didn't get a certificate of it. She has the date but says they were done at the same time, i thought they were done two weeks apart?

Can anyone help clear this up for me please, i don't want to put Oscar or the other rabbits into any danger of infection. :(

I would get the name of the vet's that she uses and contact them, they would be able to let you know, one of my rescue rabbits was due for his booster but i had misplaced his vet card so i took him to the vets and told them what rescue he was from and gave his former name and the info was on their computer. The 2 injections need to be at least 2 weeks apart, my local rescue only get myxi jabs for their rabbits.

When we got my bun a year ago our vet did both the injections at the same time.. it wasnt until reading on here that it's not advisable.

However when we went for Munch's 6 monthly myxi I asked about VHD & they said it had to be 2 weeks apart so they must've changed their ways

:)

I would get the name of the vet's that she uses and contact them, they would be able to let you know, one of my rescue rabbits was due for his booster but i had misplaced his vet card so i took him to the vets and told them what rescue he was from and gave his former name and the info was on their computer. The 2 injections need to be at least 2 weeks apart, my local rescue only get myxi jabs for their rabbits.

I agree with this :)

Back