• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lola has started nipping me!

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks.

Sorry not been online - been on holiday. Lola went to Mum and Dads where she was spolit rotten.

She is as lovely as ever but she keeps on nipping me. She will start licking me and all of a sudden nip me and I dont want to get wary of ehr as they do hurt a wee bit!

Any help or advice?

Thank you!

Andrea x x

When she does it i would maybe try just taking your hand away and saying a firm 'NO'....then dont offer your hand for licking or give her any attention for a couple of minutes.

When i put kermit back in his cage and he tries to bite the bars to get back out, i tell him NO and it often works!

I think the nip means "my turn!" but it still hurts! I used to get ankle nips, yeeeeouch!

It stopped after neutering, how old is Lola now?

I think the nip means "my turn!" but it still hurts! I used to get ankle nips, yeeeeouch!

It stopped after neutering, how old is Lola now?

She will be due for neutering very soon - she is becoming a little bit "over confident" so hopefully speying will calm her down. She is chasing the cats ragged!

My girls used to nip quite a lot before they were neutered now they hardly ever do - amazing what a difference a few hormones can make

Back