• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with new bunny! Please!

Vicx3

New Kit
Hi Everyone,:wave:

I have recently got a female rabbit as a companion rabbit for willow (my male fixed rabbit) she has just be neatured about a week ago they seems to be getting on fine as i have a very large cage and have a divider in between for the time, they come out and play together and willow my male is alway humping here there is no agression at all but she sumtimes just sit there or runs off there hasnt been any fighting at all, my question was will he keep humping her constanly or will he calm down eventally? also another question is where can i put them in together as in when the hormone has gone from her body as he was fixed a long time ago.

Many Thanks

vicx

if you are onlyputting them together for play time, he will always hump her because hes saying hes the boss, and everytime u split them up/put back together, they have to start all over again if that makes sense.

if she has been done a week i wouldgive it one more week untiul she is healed, and then put them together in a neutral area and keep them together until u see them as bonded then put them in their crate/hutch together :D:D:D

thanks Missy SJ

Ok thanks 4 that i mean i have both there hutches open all the time and there in and out of eachothers hutch together n there is no agression or fighting just the humping lol pain in the bum:lol: so i am hoping there be fine when both on the one hutch.

yep, I would bond them properly. Pop them in a space where neither has been so they can establish a good relationship, take the divide out and give the hutch a good clean and then let them live together. There's lots of advice on bonding if you do a search. :)

Back