• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Miserable rabbits...

jane28

Alpha Buck
Does anyone have rabbits that are just plain miserable??? :lol:

I have been thinking about it today as my two are miserable bunnies... I have NEVER seen them Binky and i am just wondering whether it is because they are really not that fussed about each other and need a best friend bun to enjoy themselves with or just because that is what they are...:lol:

They dont really interact with each other in the way of grooming etc and seem to be growing further apart but they have always been like that really... they do enjoy watching you garden though...

They have enough space and have tunnels etc but they have a short attention span and it all gets forgotten about after a couple of days...:roll:

Has anyone had a bun come out of themselves????

I was thinking the same thing yesterday as my bunnies do not binky and very rarely play with toys.

mine seem to be like this and i have realised its when im not with them enough even tho they are roaming the house! Then suddenly i hear the toys being played with or they bring on eout to show me...and i laugh my socks off...but frenchies find it hard to binky without trashing the room anyway but wilow does small ones especially when the cats make a fuss of her and shes in a god mood or i am in the kitchen and she rushes up to me for something to eat..i have to warm up the greens pretty damned fast!:lol:

the tinies do it when i play with them or whentheyve been playing loads..but the heat took its toll and they only did it that night we had a wonderful cool wind and then the heavens opend and then it was back to being baked alive. they were in the run in the garden binkying..now its so much cooler indoors and its been raining alot last two days...theyre doing litle popcorn binkies..but they do the head shake binky..if you havent seen it then you wont realsie they are happy but buns are like cats..can be sooo aloof and moody!!

I've never seen Boris act like that and he's a single house bun. He does binkies pretty much all the time when he's out :) So I can't really help you out there.

I think some rabbit just tolerate each other and do not have a true bond. I have seen rabbits personalties change with a new partner!

Mallow seems reasonably content but whenever I let him in the garden he tries to run away from home :cry:
I do wonder if it's because he'd rather be on his own & not with his pal Storm who is a very sociable bunny who gets distressed if he's not with Mallow or me.

DSC00140.jpg

My Smirnoff - he's really boring. I've seen him binky exactly once:lol: Mostly he just sits sulking & watching everyone else warily. :lol:

I was quite chuffed yesterday actually cos he went out in the garden on his own accord - I always thought he hated it out there. He chased Rosie for approx 2 minutes, then went back to sit in the big litter tray:roll:

Hector and Honey don't binky either but they are definitely happy buns with loads of space :D. I think Hector just prefers flopping (preferably somewhere where he will get groomed by honey or a noserub from me!) and Honey likes exploring tunnels. The only times i've seen them binky is after a car journey or trip to the vet, when they are just so relieved to get home!

Back