• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Eric and Ernie - Last monday - u/d all fine!!!

Hello
Eric and Ernie get neutered tomorrow morning.
Eric is also having his tear duct drained. Poor thing.

Please send vibes for them both.

Last edited:
(((((((((Eric:bunny: & Ernie:bunny:)))))))))):love:

I know what your going through.. I hardly slept if at all the night before ours had to go in..:) they soon be back and bouncing though:)

they have angels that love and support bunnies too:) as well as us humans..

I hear ya..

Yea, I was deliberating for ages and ages before finally making the decision, but in a way our bun made it somewhat easier to make the decision because he started peeing everywhere and attacking and biting my girlfriend and quite visciously too.. also I could see how wound up he was getting and frustrated and it didn't seem fair on him, and being shouted at and squirted with water, he would literally hang of her pyjamas with his teeth almost.

it was hard decision for me to make because he was always a big softie with me and never attacked me, (though he did pee on me a couple of times)

but its a touch call to make no matter what, especially for a bloke:roll:

I was a nervous wreck the whole day until we picked him up, then when I went to collect him I just wanted to give him a massive hug but he was probably a bit sore so I never. I slept downstairs with him that night though to fuss on him and check on him, It's amazing how quickly they bounce back.

this time tommorrow , they will be back home, and getting lotssssssssssssss of TLC from you, and they will feel your love:love: and at least now they wont get all wound up and frustrated, also they will be healthier in the long term etc, etc.. though Im sure you've already know about that.

but they will soon be back home and getting spoilt with love..theyre in good hands:)

Thank you so much
I know they are in the right place and will be well looked after.
I am hoping Eric especially will calm down. He is really highly strung.
Also, I had to seperate them, because of fighting, so I am hoping they can be re-bonded soon, although from what I read here it is more difficultwith 2 males.

Anyhoo, going to bed now, hoping I can get a good nights sleep.

I'm not sure about bonding issues etc, as we only have the one bun at the moment, so havn't had to deal with that yet.. though now he's been done were thinking of finding him a girlfriend.. but there is lots of folk on here who know all about that.

And yeah, the vets who work with rabbits know what theyre doing, I think our vet must of felt somewhat interogated I just kept asking loads and loads of questions, but I think the vet knew why.

Apparently it can take up to 6 weeks for the hormones to clear and everthing to rebalance and settle down, but ours stopped attacking after about 1 and half weeks, no he still chases his teddy or a foot with a slipper on it, but pets it instead of.. umm.. ya know..

Anyway..

Rest Well!.. and don't worry

Keep us posted,

:love: Vibes are radiating..:love:

Sending lots of vibes for Eric and Ernie. :love:

Alfie's not quite old enough to neuter yet, but I'm starting to worry about it already.

Good Morning All
Thanks for all the vibes!

Just going to get the boys in for a groom and quick cuddle before we go.

Can't wait until it's all over for them!

Have a nice day Everyone.

xx

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I have my 2 lovely boys home, safe and well.:p:p:p:p:p

They're looking a bit hung over, but are eating some veg (eyes half closed) at the moment and they look like they are ready for a sleep.

i'm so relieved to have them home. have spent all morning doing the housework to take my mind off it!!!!

Next stage - bonding in about 6 weeks time!!!!!:roll::roll::roll:

Thanks for all the support and vibes earlier - really helps!!!:p

YAY!.. Welcome home Eric & Ernie:wave:,

Thanks for the update, yea, they will probably be feeling a little hung over too I imagine and will probably be a little lethargic for a while, ours had all pink stuff on his bum too like an antisptic cream they put on him and it looked a bit strange.

keep us posted, and im sure they will get plenty of TLC now, they will soon be running round like nothings happened:)

M

Thank you Marty joe

I am so so happy to have them back home.
I know they want to rest, but I can't help keep going out and looking at them. They look so sleepy!!

Here they are before the op.... ( I wonder if they will keep their cuteness!!:?

Ernie.............
100_2355.jpg

Eric.................

100_2386.jpg

glad all went well today they are sooo cute!

I notice you said you were waiting 6 weeks to rebond them? is this how long is recommended? just wondering about frank and bitsy after their op....

Hello
I'm not sure what the normal timescales are.......
I am just guessing about 6 weeks as Eric has been particularly fiesty and I know their hormones can still be ragingfor some time afterwards!

If it looks like he has calmed down enough before then, I will give it a go.

I have to admit, I have mixed feelings. It will go one way or another!!!
I would love to see them grooming each other again!

Thanks for the lovely comments too!

Wow! what an awesome looking buns.. I thought mine had hair..oh my!. theyre'e stunning. what breed are they?..

and yeah, You know I never considered myself a worryier until we got a bunny:roll: then I think that's all Ive done since.. Im constantly reading about them and to be honest there is a lot of confusing and often conflicting information on the net, but our instincts usually alert us is there is something needing attention.

Also for some reason our snuggs is always in my dreams, I never had so many dreams about rabbits lol..

You did well today, and so did eric and ernie:) and I wouldn't worry about wanting to go out and check them every 5 min I slept on the floor with mine the first night lol.

The only thing I would check, though I think this was just a reaction ours had to the GA, is their temp, make sure theyre nice and warm, and sometimes the shock can lower their temp, our snugs was shivering for the night but I kept him covered in a blanky and warm, though every rabbit is different too, so it can be an individual thing.

but at least its all over now, and they have a frustration free life ahead of them, they won't loose their cuteness, from what I hear, they become very chilled out and even more loving:) ours certainly is a lot more chilled out now, and still a cheeky monkey sooo.

Keep us posted, and thanks for the pics..

You can relax now:) -ish...heh

M

Hi Martyjoe

Thanks for the reply (again)

They are Lionheads/Mini Lop. Everyone laughs at them when they see them!!! They think they look like Wombles!
They also laugh at their names, but it suits them. The bigger one is darker(eric) and Ernie is small, grey and Cute with a cheeky face!
They're really funy too. SO I think they're perfect (well almost)

Ernie has been absolutley fine. A little sleepy, but doing well.
Eric has been a bit under the weather, but he has been pulled about today. He was also the one who was under the weather when he had his Jabs.

He did perk up about an hour ago and has done all the things he should, so I'm pretty sure he'll be back on form tomorrow!!!!

Thanks for all the re-assurance.

I also never worried until I had the Boys!!! Can't help it can we. (well not if you love them as much as I we do)

Gorgous boys :love:

Glad the op went well for them. I always feel sorry for pets when there groggy from the anesthetic. The only one ive had come round and been perfectly normal and hyer was jack the mouse. You would never guess he had just been nuetered when i picked him up lol. My American bulldog bless was so droopy for a day or 2, couldnt even sit up lol.

Not had a rabbit done yet as my past rabbit was never nuetered. But Oliver will be done in a few weeks so will be a new experience for me.

Isnt it 6 weeks for hormones to settle (agression) but shorter time for sperm to die off?

Cuddles to your scrummy boys :love:

Hello
Yes I think the sperm die off ina couple of weeks, but hormones can rage for a bit longer.

Hope the fiestiness disappears quickly.
I don't think Eric is aggressive, he just really nervous!!! Big and Butch, but a little softie inside!!!

Thanks again for kind comments!

Back