• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

jabes

Status
Not open for further replies.

animal ry

Warren Veteran
after reading a few threads i was wondering how easy it is for rabbits to catch the deases that they released to keep rabbit poulation under control i cant spell it so i wont try :lol:

also how much does it cost to have the jabes done??

Vaccination cost varies by area, but the diseases are easy to catch and practically untreatable without the vaccine.

myxomatosis.............. there are loads of threads about it on here just search the word....... i think its around 20pound might not even be thatt...its worth getting it done defo

i think it was a hsoter word then that shoot if i hadent deleted the pm with the thread i would know the name

i will call the vet tomorow and ask as i want my buns to be protected :D

just wondering if its easy to catch

hope guinea pigs cant catch it :shock:

Myxi is easy for your rabbits to catch.

VHD is less common but is still a very horrible disease.

They usually cost around £20 each or a bit less if you are lucky.

It is very horrible to have a rabbit with either disease, so get them done as soon as you can afford it (2 weeks apart if they haven't had either already) :)

i think it was a hsoter word then that shoot if i hadent deleted the pm with the thread i would know the name

i will call the vet tomorow and ask as i want my buns to be protected :D

just wondering if its easy to catch

hope guinea pigs cant catch it :shock:

VHD & Myxi, VHD is caught from contact with infected buns, but also for e.g if you had contact with an infected bun then you could pass it to yours; myxi is transmitted through contact and through flies, fleas etc.

Neithor can be caught by Guinea Pigs as they're a different species.

well i defently wnat mine injected just hope my 5 year old bun is ok with that i hate him being around vets i get all worryed but if he survived his netur he will survive a jab :lol:

after reading a few threads i was wondering how easy it is for rabbits to catch the deases that they released to keep rabbit poulation under control i cant spell it so i wont try :lol:

also how much does it cost to have the jabes done??

Did you write this today or is this an old post??? :?

:shock:

Myxi needs doing every 6 months and VHD yearly. I think my vets charge £13 for Myxi and £14 for VHD

I must admit my first rabbit didn't have any vaccinations but since I joined this site and got a better vet, they all have since!

I'm sure there were some pictures of Myxi on here somewhere at one point that would shock you :?

Ry, I remember where abouts in Hampshire you said you were, and there was definately myxi in your area last summer, and I know of buns that died :cry: It is definately worth the money, which vet do you use? :)

Have you NEVER vaccinated your rabbits? Don't your parents/carers sort out that sort of thing? They should be over seeing the welfare of your animals and encouraging you to look after them in the correct way.

What about the dog is that vaccinated?

My vets charge £11.15 for both vaccs. I can be exact as Peppa only had her myxi done on Fri. :D

i dont have careres and no like a few people i never heard of the jab

thats lucky non of my rabbits got infected then!!! :shock:

'i will phone the vet and get back to you!!!!

It is vitally important that you get your rabbits vaccinated against both myximatosis and vhd. Both are awful diseases and you would not want any of your bunnies to go through this. As for the cost of the vaccinations, they vary between £12-£24 ish each depending on where you live. If you think this is too expensive, then perhaps you should reconsider breeding your animals, as their welfare should come first. Phone around and comapre prices.

:? aside from all the other issues I'm quite shocked the vet hasnt mentioned it
the minute I registered poppy with them they told me loads of stuff about vaccs and spaying etc

firstly change vet they are obviously not rabbit savvy if they arent recomending the injections.

ok about them
mxyi should be done in 2 parts in one of two ways.... part in ear 10% and part in scruff or part in scruff then pull out so only in skin of scruff and the other 10% in there. with it done wrong the rabbit is not properly protected.

myxi jab is done every 6 months and should be done 2 weeks apart minimum from the vhd injection do not ever let a vet do them at same time health problems will occour.

vhd is done annually and again as said before 2 weeks from myxi jab annually means every year.

get them vaccination cards free from vet so you know which type of vaccine they had and when the vet will date and sign it for you. each vaccination costs between 11-20 pounds... mine personally are 15 pounds each.

a vaccinated rabbit is still able to catch myxi but without the vaccine the rabbit will die. with the vaccine the rabbit may catch nodular myxi this is a lesser of evils form and is still a horrid disease this is treatable and many buns survive(my 10yr old chelsea included) but it must be caught early. vhd is viral hemorage disease and myxi is myximatosis both can be looke dup on line but be aware that pictures may be very distressing. pleas get them done i know chelsea would be dead if not for vaccine and a good rabbit savvy vet .xx

My baby bun is off for hers a week today and its £12 each or if you pay for both up front you only pay £20. Its a way of encouraging people to not just have the myxi done. My vet said appratnly because a lot of people haven't heard of VHD they don't wantt o vaccinate. I will have had Chloe 2 weeks when she is vaccinated and to me this is too long but she has had a bit of a runny bum for the past week so ahve been trying to get her right before having her vaccinations done. However she is indoors and has not been aloud outside as an extra precaution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back