• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

arthurs story....

bunlover

Warren Veteran
well as you al lknow iv been devastated by the loss of snowy (she went missing 11 days ago) dora has been pining and we decided rather than her health decline more(she went from 2.8kg to 2.3kg...from not properly eating.... that she should have a bunny freind....so far the meetings have been good... tho he is a humpy little thing... i thought i would share his story....
arthur5.jpg

his original home was in a cage less than 2ft in length indoors.... he had woodchips only for bedding and pieces of bread and potatoe peelings to eat....as the novelty of him wore off(he is now 3) he was moved outdoors the same fate but lesss cuddles....poor thing he got very very skinny on this diet....

a lady called bonnie took him on as couldnt bear seeing him that way....she intended to neuter and get him a lady friend...unfortunatly her dog was really off with arthur and he kept bothering the ginea pig when it was in its run and she couldnt keep him so set out to find him a real proper home... 2 months down the line he has been living in a decent size hutch with runs in garden when dog not out and has had a diet of rabbit mix and veg with free range runs...he was advertised at £40 with his hutch..... i have a spare hutch and was looking for a freind for dora...the lady agreed our home would be perfect if dora liked him and he is now here on trial till we can see if they will bond.... well thought you might want a picture of him...he is a loverly grey lop in mid moult....also please be aware that i am still looking for snowy and defo want her home asap....but i couldnt leave dora to suffer. so far they have been led side by side one in run one in garden.so i think will be a good match ...either way she is eating now so i am fingers crossed...
arthur3.jpg

and one of dora so you remember her
SS100005.jpg

They are both gorgeous :love: I cant believe someone thought it was ok to feed bread and potato peel though how horrific :( sorry about Snowy though

thanks everyone...he seems loverly im getting him full vet checked tommorrow if appointment available.... he seems fine tho if not a little under wieght. yes sadly no news on snowy yet... i still am hoping above hopes... but dora has eaten both her tea and breakfast and her veg today and last night...i am astounded... she keeps running up to him when he is in run (she loose in garden) and licking him through the mesh definatly licking and not biting today then running away and coming back.... unfortunatly he scares her when he tries to hump her naughty boy so we shall see fingers crossed tho it all goes well x

i wish youd get snowy back..i really do but i know hat it is to have abun pine so fast....bif had 4 days and laid down to die..then berite arived and she bucked up just like dora...

keeping fingers crossed for you..he looks a bit like my old oscar but i rckon ehs a dwarf lop right? bout as big as my biffykins..

i wish youd get snowy back..i really do but i know hat it is to have abun pine so fast....bif had 4 days and laid down to die..then berite arived and she bucked up just like dora...

keeping fingers crossed for you..he looks a bit like my old oscar but i rckon ehs a dwarf lop right? bout as big as my biffykins..

thank god for someone who really understands!!!!! i felt so guilty getting him as it feels like im replacing snowy which im not.... and i was worried everyone on here would think that id given up on her...i definatly havent was out most of last night looking for her and re putting up posters... i swear if i can find her and get her home i will...i am hoping that dora has perked up for good and not just on a temperary measure...but only time will tell that...

thankyou to everyone who has been supportive and kind during such a hard time for me. he isnt big enough to be a dwarf lop he is between the size of dora and slightly bigger...(she is a medium sized nethie cross) i would say he feels bout same weight as dora (2.3k) or there abouts... tho i think he should wiegh in a bit more than that...he is around 3 years old... mini lop maybe???he looks big in those pics for some reason?! im rubbish with breeds tho not that it matters as long as dora likes him! xxxx

How gorgeous! I think its lovely that Dora means so much to you and that you have given a needy bun a happy home. xx

I'm very sorry about Snowy; you must be so worried. :(

Arthur is absolutely gorgeous, such a lovely colour. It's hard to tell size from pics, but I think he has more of a dwarf lop look about him (not that I'm that good a judge :lol:, just my opinion). I guess the most crucial thing is if he feels underweight, and it's probably quite likely he is underweight given the poor diet he was on a couple of months ago. Hope all goes well at the vets tomorrow. :)

I'm very sorry about Snowy; you must be so worried. :(

Arthur is absolutely gorgeous, such a lovely colour. It's hard to tell size from pics, but I think he has more of a dwarf lop look about him (not that I'm that good a judge :lol:, just my opinion). I guess the most crucial thing is if he feels underweight, and it's probably quite likely he is underweight given the poor diet he was on a couple of months ago. Hope all goes well at the vets tomorrow. :)

yes thanks i will let you know hes so freindly considering all he has been through... and dora quite fancys him!!!

what a lovely romance novel that would make :love::love::love:

im glad hes mended her broken heart and that he has found his loving forever home

still sending vibes for snowys safe return xxxx

what a lovely romance novel that would make :love::love::love:

im glad hes mended her broken heart and that he has found his loving forever home

still sending vibes for snowys safe return xxxx

thankyou....we do miss snowy :( and they(dora and arthur) do seem happy together tho i still not treid to bond them i think i should wait till i have a few days in a row free to try them together properly but they defo lick through bars etc...he had a vet check he is fine so its this weekend i am off from for 9 days fingers crossed x

vet checked him over and....

well his oficial weight is 2.1kg so he is a lighter bun than dora vet said a little underweight as ideally he should be between 2.3-2.5kgs for his bone structure size...can feel his pelvis sticking out a bit... he was very well behaved to for her and nicola says that he is otherwise fine...until you get to his teeth... his back ones are good...his front top 2 are grooved...can be tooth disease or could be due to his previous poor diet... they are currently straight tho so she isnt worrying yet and no probs with his eyes to make her think they growing upwards at the root... i am haveing him on a very strickt healthy rabbit diet(hay and lots of greens and herbs as a treat) to see if his teeth continue to grow straight or see how they go on a changed diet if they are fine no problem if not then it could be a case of removal of all front teeth.... still i dont care as long as dora and him are happy. xx

Back