• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HELP! Stew won't stop umping during bond...

Marreline

Warren Scout
...???!!! Been four hours now and he's still at it! Dumpling is being incredibly passive - will sit and take it for a while then hops away. It was non stop for the first hour but must admit he's allowing her a little space now. She's had some food and visited the litter tray etc. He's even groomed her face a little and she clearly loves it. But then the humping starts again - she barely gets 10 mins respite before he's back! They're in a small run situated on the carpet in my spare room at present and I fully intended to leave them there for 48 hours undisturbed but is that fair on Dumpling???? There's been no fighting or fur pulling so am pleased about that but perhaps Stew is just a rampant rabbit who is never going to leave her alone. He was castrated two weeks ago - the vet told me to get on with the bonding but I know he'll be hormonal for the next 6 weeks of so. Have I started this bond too early? Should I abandon it or will things settle down? AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :(

wait for advise all the buns ive had bonded via janice hump for ages i have very randy buns :lol: as long as the other bun isnt being nasty youre fine, but as i dont do the bonding i just watch, someone will be along for advise, mind you two weeks :? ive waited at least 4 weeks with my bigs hes meeting his gal next friday and its been 8 weeks since hes been done, and hes still humps his toys. but dont separate yet, youve started just see if it settles

Last edited:
I would leave them too it. They are not fighting and he obviously likes her A LOT she will sort him out if she wanted too. :D 2 weeks is quite soon, but no point in separating them now. He will be knackered soon! :roll:

Thanks for your advice. Was considering putting Dumpling back in her own hutch aso she can get some kip! She's usually a very sleepy bunny but has had her work cut out hopping away from Randy Pants.!

Back