• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello

hi everyone :wave:
im new to the forum as we only became bunny owners yesterday, quite unexpectedly.

I have 4 children, all details below in my signature :) , well we were considering getting a pet for my daughter, Jasmine, 5th birthday which is october.
i started doing some research around as we didnt know which would be best for her out of a rabbit or guinea pig. im an avid animal lover and adore rodents and rabbits. i used to breed hamsters and gerbils, and have had a rabbit and guinea pig a long time ago but im ashamed to say ive pretty much forgotten most of what i learned back then, though as ive learned with my chinchillas, things change and what was thought to be ok back then is now not.
we settled on the fact that it would be best to get two girl guinea pigs, which we were going to get near her birthday... but then someone pointed me to preloved where there was an advert offering two girl guinea pigs and a male rabbit free to a good home. well it felt right so we went for it and now have our new beauties in our lives :)
But as things happened so fast, im on a crash course to learn as much as possible now to give them the best care possible :) (thought id best add that i am their main care giver as my children are way to young to have that responsibility, i just wanted them to have a pet that they were able to learn respect for animals from and responsibility)

both of my twins are autistic spectrum and jas is also mild cerebral palsy, animals are such a good way to help her learn as she adores them (with much careful supervision from me)

sorry for the essay there :) so im here to learn about our new rabbit Diego :) and thought the best place to ask is with more knowledgeable owners :wave:

look forward to getting to know you all :D

Hi there,

Congrats on the new additions! My youngest has asperger's and also adores animals part of the reason we have so many!

I built a run yesterday that the children can walk into and sit and play rather than having to catch the bun and sit it on my sons lap.

I would really reccomend doing that, If your boys love it as much as mine it will be worth the hard work.

I'm sure you will find loads of useful info on here...

thanks for that, i was intending on doing similar so that jas can just sit in with them and let the animals get used to her and vice versa. my son is more into his computer games as he finds animals a bit too unpredictable :( , but he seems to really like our new additions so maybe there is hope :love:

hello from one forum to another :) saw the user name and thought it must be you

good luck with the new arrivals :)

love
kirsty (kc)

Hope you enjoy it here :D
welcome2.gif

Back