• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Space

Julia123

Warren Veteran
After reading a particular thread just thought it might be interesting to see what space your buns have. I personally do not believe in locking an animal in a small enslosure.

I have 2 house buns who have free range of my entire house

I have two outdoor buns with a 6ft tall x 3x4 kenel with built in 6 x 4 run with additional 8 x 4 run who also have min 2 hours a day free range in the garden

I have 3 rescue babies in a 4 x 2 hutch over 6 x 4 run combo (open access) with garden run avery other day

I have just built a pen in my garage for a rescue coming in on Thurs with a 4ft dog crate and 12ft x 4ft run, will let her out in garden in shifts with others. I have an issue with her being in the garage but there is a door with natural light.

I feel bad for my foster/resues but it seems they don't fair too badly considering....

What are your minimum limits? These are mine.

One of my bunnies has 40sq ft and the other has 37 sq ft 24/7. I also have a large 15ft x 10ft pen that they take turns in, in the garden when the weather is nice.

Mine get the run of the garden if i am in all day, otherwise they each have 6ft x 4ft runs, Im currently in the process of searching for a 6ft x 6ft shed/playhouse for when i bond my pairs together!

So nice to hear, I just hate to see bunnies in hutches !

At the moment unfortunately they are :( But to compensate they go in their runs when i get out of bed, until 8:30pm/9pm

I feel guilty i can not give all the rescue buns their own sheds :(

My two have a 5 ft x 2ft x2 ft 2 tier hutch with a 5ft x5 ft by 2 1/2 ft high attached run that they have 24 hour access to. I'd love them to have more space, but a 5 foot hutch was the biggest that would fit through the house to get into the garden and the terrace of the garden it's on is only 7ft by 6ft so it only just fits with space for me to squeeze down the side to clean out the run. When I get my own place I plan to extend the run and make it as large as I can.

Mine live in a 12.5ft X 6.5ft dog kennel.They have tunnels, hay bales and all sorts to keep them amused.
They simply love it.
Can't see how anyone can keep any animal confined in such a small space.

At the moment unfortunately they are :( But to compensate they go in their runs when i get out of bed, until 8:30pm/9pm

I feel guilty i can not give all the rescue buns their own sheds :(

Hey don't feel bad ! sounds like they have most of the day out and about, you rescue so you give these buns the best you can which sounds great - like i say my rescues don't have what I would wish for them but they are safe and happy x

My two have a 5 ft x 2ft x2 ft 2 tier hutch with a 5ft x5 ft by 2 1/2 ft high attached run that they have 24 hour access to. I'd love them to have more space, but a 5 foot hutch was the biggest that would fit through the house to get into the garden and the terrace of the garden it's on is only 7ft by 6ft so it only just fits with space for me to squeeze down the side to clean out the run. When I get my own place I plan to extend the run and make it as large as I can.

Aww that sounds just fine for them and even better with extra space, the thing that makes me sad is bunnies kept in a hutch all day :cry:

.They have tunnels, hay bales and all sorts to keep them amused.
Mine have a deep wooden digging box filled with soil that they love playing in and stripping the wood off. They also have a couple of steps to jump up onto and hide under. I've also got a ball and pine cones, hay cubes and wooden rattle things that I alternate for them to keep them amused. I try and make up for their restricted space with stimulation from toys etc, and of course lots of attention.

my buns are in a 13x 8 foot walk in run. and piggies are in the small run in front. Dont have any more space for more rabbits!

Picture173.jpg

Yup mine really enjoy it - the floor is flags under there honest, and the balls on top of the planter have been remodelled now!
DSCF3815.jpg

Back