• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Greens!!!!!

Hello

Another Question I'm afraid :oops:

How much of the following are rabbits aloud to eat and can I give them to them every day?

They Like:

Brocolli
Cabbage
Spinach
Dandelion Leaves
Brussel sprouts

Also, I see that they are allowed Blackberry leaves? Are they really alright eating them? They're prickly!!!!!!!

Thanks again in advance

Hi Jessica.. a lot of those are awfully windy (brocolli, cabbage and brussels):oops: and need to be given in moderation.

Much as it goes against our instinct, variety is not necessarily the best choice for our precious furballs and a plain diet of good quality hay supplemented with pellets and a bit of veg/herbs is the best for them.

Thanks Jill

I have seen photos on here of great big bowls of greens and it looks so tasty for them, but I didn't want to do the same for my 2, just in case!!

Will keep it to a small amount!!!!

Thanks Jill

I have seen photos on here of great big bowls of greens and it looks so tasty for them, but I didn't want to do the same for my 2, just in case!!

Will keep it to a small amount!!!!
:wave: Dunno if you've seen the pics but I grow grasses and herbs in pots and the buns absolutely adore them (plus it's entertaining watching them hop from pot to pot nibbling the goodies and they're getting exercise at the same time)

Hi Jill (again!:))

What type of grasses do you grow and are they from a garden centre? In those little seed packets? If so, once they have eaten from the pot (it'll take one visit from Eric!). do you just plant another lot? I presume it doesn't just keep growing. (does it?)

Sorry really ignorant I know, but never had to grow grass before.I'm totally clueless. Also what herbs to do suggest?

Thank you again.

Back