• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

smelly bunny - quick advice needed

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
just picked up domino n checked him for flystrike/sticky poos etc as usual and this STINK came wofting out, it was HORRID.

my mum helps me get him on his back, and i look 'down there' where his plums were(hes castrated) and under the fold of skin either side it STINKS, i open up the fold its looked dirty,like brown/white coloured gunge...

im trying to get hold of the vet as we speak...does anyone had any ideas or adice? is this normal?!?!

Methinks you have found his scent glands!

You can clean the gunk out using a cotton bud dipped in cooled boiled water

:)

Methinks you have found his scent glands!

You can clean the gunk out using a cotton bud dipped in cooled boiled water

:)

i didnt know they STUNK so much!

i dont mean to be gross but is ther enormally stuff....well 'lodged' in the 'flap' bit? its like brown hardish gunk type stuff? i can take him to the vet if needed

that's wierd i had the same scare yesterday.
i was cardling Ghostie wen i smelt this mannnnkkkkky smell.
i was like OMG is myxi.. for some stupid reason ( i think i remember large genitals is myxi ) and i thought it must be related... J had to calm me down saying they were scent glands!

i didnt know they STUNK so much!

i dont mean to be gross but is ther enormally stuff....well 'lodged' in the 'flap' bit? its like brown hardish gunk type stuff? i can take him to the vet if needed

Sounds perfectly normal. A solid brown shiney clump with some white smelly goo underneath it !!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm lovely !! :mrgreen:

Sounds perfectly normal. A solid brown shiney clump with some white smelly goo underneath it !!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm lovely !! :mrgreen:

lol and you think you get to a poitn where u know everything there is to know about bunnies! :oops::lol:

mum was going 'phone the vet ti could be flystrike!' (nice to know she loves dom lol)

do u have to clean it then or it is normal to leave it?

lol and you think you get to a poitn where u know everything there is to know about bunnies! :oops::lol:

mum was going 'phone the vet ti could be flystrike!' (nice to know she loves dom lol)

do u have to clean it then or it is normal to leave it?

Some Bunnies do tend to get a big build up of gunk in which case cleaning them out is a good idea. I usually apply a bit of Vaseline into the crevices after I have cleaned them out. This helps stop the hard brown stuff getting very stuck to the skin which can mean the skin gets sore as you remove the gunk-clump. It is also sometimes easier to get a very firmly embedded gunk-clump out by dipping the cotton bud in Vaseline rather than water.

Oh the joys of Bunny bits and bums !! :lol:

Some Bunnies do tend to get a big build up of gunk in which case cleaning them out is a good idea. I usually apply a bit of Vaseline into the crevices after I have cleaned them out. This helps stop the hard brown stuff getting very stuck to the skin which can mean the skin gets sore as you remove the gunk-clump. It is also sometimes easier to get a very firmly embedded gunk-clump out by dipping the cotton bud in Vaseline rather than water.

Oh the joys of Bunny bits and bums !! :lol:

crevice! *shudders*

eeeeurgh it made me feel sick.

bleeeurgh

oh what fun to have on a saturday , cleaning out a smelly bunnys crevice:shock:

crevice! *shudders*

eeeeurgh it made me feel sick.

bleeeurgh

oh what fun to have on a saturday , cleaning out a smelly bunnys crevice:shock:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: id probably get a vet nurse to do it :oops:

enjoy :wave::wave::lol::lol:

That's put me off my dinner. :shock::lol::lol::lol: I think Alfie's stinky crevices (if he ever gets them) could be a job for hubby. :?

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

but...but..its...horrendous!

right im bringing domino to you lol you can do it :lol:

No it's not, it's a lovely bunny smell!!, you can bring him to me anytime but you don't get him back!!:shock::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Back