• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Give up...........

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
OK, so I should not make myself even more sad by looking at the classified ads but I just have and OMG its just

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Does anyone believe things will ever change for Rabbits ?
Some of the ads' I read just made me cry :cry:

I know I dont really do much to help, I am not a Rescue. I just feel so................oh I dont know................like however much we try to change things the situation for so many Rabbits remains the same.

Ads like 'reduced for quick sale', ' we now have a boisterous puppy so the Rabbit has to go', 'NEW Designer Rare Breed Rabbits'...............

Sorry.................:oops: think I am having a bad day

:(

OK, so I should not make myself even more sad by looking at the classified ads but I just have and OMG its just

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Does anyone believe things will ever change for Rabbits ?
Some of the ads' I read just made me cry :cry:

I know I dont really do much to help, I am not a Rescue. I just feel so................oh I dont know................like however much we try to change things the situation for so many Rabbits remains the same.

Ads like 'reduced for quick sale', ' we now have a boisterous puppy so the Rabbit has to go', 'NEW Designer Rare Breed Rabbits'...............

Sorry.................:oops: think I am having a bad day

:(

remember every bun that everyone helps it matters to that bun. none of us can do as much as we want you do a fab job in helping the buns with you . i agree a lot of the free ads are sad and so i generally dont look i have taken in many buns off free ad style ads over the years and helped them if ill and paid for stuff all are just as deserving as any bun. i hope that someday it will become less popular to buy a rabbit as a quick buy but sadly i think its a long way off. keep your chin up as you do all you can and that has to be enough. look at the difference you have made to so many buns lives.... mine included via advice... so stop adn be realistic...you are a great person and you help so many it is sad that so many are abandoned but you do what you can. xxx

its heartbreaking, i just wish i could bring them all home and make them happy. but jane you have to look at it as if...like if you had never helped ANY of your bunnies or ones you have helped get to a rescue, how different their lives would be....or more to point WOULD they be alive?

You cant help everybun, i wish we all could but we just cant, but what YOU do is amazing. What everyone does on here is incredible, taking in bunnies, rescuing them, always putting them first.

Just take a look a your buns and think of where they would be without you, especially Bobbie! youre her hero!

x

I agree its really sad and i dont read them much now as its always the same story kids bored ,reduced/ quick sale or now i see posts that read getting rid as we are concentraing on a different breed line etc.
I would love to be a rescue but dont have the space :cry: wish i did.

I try not to look. I have this week and the woman who sold us Charlie and Lola is advertising two young bunnies free to good home. Obviously left over babies from litters. One is 12 weeks the other 16 weeks. The first is 'quiet and suitable for children' the other 'needs lots of attention'. One GP ad I read said they 'would make an ideal pet during the hols for the kids.' Yeah and for the rest of their life they will be what exactly?

I know its heart breaking. When I was looking into pairing up Charlie there was a road side sign saying baby rabbits for sale. I had been looking on the rabbit rehome site and wanted to go around there and show those people how many already unwanted bunnies there were. I can only imagine how a proper rescue feels turning away bunnies evey week because they are full. I've made a little difference in taking on Peppa and rehoming Mocha. It doesn't make me feel any better but at least these buns have a better life with all those who adopt them and aren't left to rot somewhere out of sight out of mind.

I know theres so much work left to do but I believe it's improving....if you look at how many rabbits are properly kept these days compared to how it was in the past I do think attitudes are changing it just takes time to get the message fto everyone.

some people are just evil though and i dont think that will ever change

Jane, the human race can sometimes be very neglectful and cruel of all living, breathing beings including bunnies, other animals and children. We all do our best and you certainly do more than most with all your needy bunnies giving them a forever loving home. You certainly seem dedicated to the plight of bunnies as most of us are on this forum. We can only do so much though, and it is rescues that pick up the pieces if they didn't then there would probably be a lot more cruelty and death to these poor, defensless bunnies. None of them asked to be born and people should take more responsibility for them or think long and hard before having bunnies, animals or children. I only have two bunnies but I have two very happy, well cared for bunnies and that's two less sitting in a rescue. And I may only be able to give a home to two bunnies but what a difference that's made to those two bunnies. As it happens I'm looking into getting a third bunny to join my dynamic duo so watch this space. I also wish I could do so much more to help but if all of us do just a little that adds up to alot.

Take care.

Juliaxxx

Would it help to pm some of the links and I can send them my standard email? I know it's not much but the way I look at it is that it gives the bunnies a chance of finding a loving home that they didn't have before.

I never look at free ads, and when I'm sent them I have to be "hard faced " about it and just hope my email helps and then forget about them. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to sleep at night :(

I believe things are changing for rabbits. It may take another decade or two for the masses to take rabbits seriously but I do really think we are getting there. I hate seeing adverts for vets saying 'cats, dogs and children's pets". I really do think now that people are changing from the idea of 'children's pets' to something more than that.

Jane - I wish I did even a quarter of you do for rabbits, I'm guessing all/majority your rabbits are special needs and that in my opinion is as valuable a contribution as running a rescue, as it takes someone a bit special to take on these bunnies, it frees up a place at rescues as well.

I got upset a couple of days ago at a garden centre when I saw two long haired bunnies - £15 each!! I doubt they ask many questions before selling them either. I decided to buy my pond filter on line instead!

I think I just feel that because of my personal limitations I cant do enough and that makes me feel inadequate. This is not a 'I need telling how wonderful I am' post. It is a genuine heartfelt statement that I just feel defeated and that all around me I see Rabbits whom from the very start just dont stand a chance and I can do :censored: all about it :cry:

Petshops with zilch knowledge about the animals they are selling. Irresponsible Breeders churning out hundreds of Rabbits, Buns in Rescue for over a year, Buns being PTS because there is no-where for them to go

:cry::cry:

This is one of the reasons why I cant be of more use, I just drown in all the :cry: :cry:
I admire those who are able to Rescue/rehome and I just wish I had half of their abilities.

Sorry for this rambling post :oops: I think today needs to be consigned to Room 101........

:cry:

its everywhere too... no matter where i look some poor animal is suffering.. i saw the wspa advert (i think that was the charity) yesterday and i was in floods of tears..

i think as long as humans live animals will suffer... i hate us all :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I try not to look too much into it really... If that makes me sound like I don't care, that's not the case, I just feel I have to accept my limitations about what I can reasonably do, and I'd get too emotional about it all otherwise. :(

I try not to look too much into it really... If that makes me sound like I don't care, that's not the case, I just feel I have to accept my limitations about what I can reasonably do, and I'd get too emotional about it all otherwise. :(

I agree. I am my own worst enemy really as no-one forced me to look at the ads.

i do that too... sometimes the adverts on TV catch me before i get chance to turn them off tho... and i cant bear to watch the news either cus theres always some dog fighting ring being busted or innocent ducks being stoned to death.

and i know people probably think i dont care neither, but i think i have too much empathy and just cant switch it off... 24 hrs on and i cant get that bear and the chimps out of my head from the advert yesterday :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Back