• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

please please help me and my buns

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
:( after the day we had with my elderly mum today weve realised theres no way we can try to leave our buns there during the day and bring them home each noght for the 10 days the council will take to replace the kitchen....

my mum stressed me out so much today i screamed at my daughter whos birthday it was and really upset her....:(

also my mums going to be on the cancellation list to have her cataracts removed as theyre pretty bad.

the council havent given me a date yet for sept cos theyre presuming my mum will have my buns during the day etc....

im going to ring them monday and say no i have to board my buns out now...so i need the date.:(

im terrifed for me mum....angry at her for keeping on at me when the doc has said at this rate ill end up in hopsital or committed!! its because we are the only family that she can moan at as the others odnt come see her or do anything for her since my dad died 2 and a half years ago..we had herorund everyday twice a day for motnhs after the funeral..then most nights for tea etc..halloween xmas new years weeknds weekdays etc....and she has made me feel like osmething that someones stepped in...she says its not hwat she means etc but its made me extra depressed tonight i feel almost suicidal.....so low.......and she stresses the buns out like that.

shes got no friends as shes only friends with 2 neighbours who have no time for her anymore isnce dad died.
my mums hard going..repeats herself often but its not new..shes been like that since i was little!

i cant stress the buns out like that and i cant stress and burden my mum..and i really dont think ill be able to cope:(

i know theres lists of boarding places bit i need one recommended by use here.....either that or if sue will have them for the 10days i might be able to get them boarded at southampton rabbit rescue where we got bandit from...if so is there anyone willing to help me get them there and back after the 10 days..i will pay petrol etc.....

cant sleep now why is it the wekend when i need to ring the council and get the date asap...now. to be honset id feel hapier with them in one place day and night for 10 days rather than back and forth...i know my daughter will argue and so will my mum but im sure the stress of boarding for 10 days plus the journey will be less stressfulthan back n forth twice a day and the stres in my mums house..cleaning feeding etc visits from me being short as ill be so stressed with the kitchen being done....etc etc

am i doing the right thing by my buns and by my mum? i think so..itll be fairer on them all..as the frnechies would have to stay in her garden everyday all day until i took them home at night and the teenies would have to stay in a cage in a bedroom upstairs all day and then overnite bakc home and i had to get themover to mums before work started every morning..ok if you odnt have epilptic attacks form leaping outta bed etc!

im so down over this...i dont know what to do:cry:

I know the thought of a new kitchen's nice, but you can refuse all renovations (ETA - no you can't :roll:) except a full rewire, as that's a health and safety issue - I am now thinking I'll just have the rewire which will take a week - my son (and most likely the animals) won't be able to cope with a month out of the house in chaos so I'm pondering as I was perfectly happy with the run down rubbish kitchen and bathroom and no central heating - I think in your circumstances I'd just explain the situation to the council and cancel the kitchen. If they have to rewire the house, you have to let them do it, but otherwise it's entirely up to you.

Last edited:
Im sorry about your stress. Its probably best to try and find boarding for the bunnies.

As its a kitchen, could you not bring the bunnies into a bedroom for the day. Mine sleep most of the day anyway. Once the builders have gone, you can let them out. Alternatively buy a large run; I have a huge run which Im putting them in all day when the builders come. I got it from a rabbit sanctuary:
http://www.deanforestrabbithaven.net/productssimple1.html

A lot of elderly people do change for a variety of reasons. Mum may not want to be difficult. It does sound as if you are overwhelmed at the moment and that may not help. I hope you find a solution for the bunnies and can start feeling better soon.

actually looking on the web it seems the renovations ARE compulsory :( the government has stipulated that all homes must have a kitchen and bathroom less than 20yrs old - I think my council used the threat of eviction over a rewire just to make me comply :roll: This site is very good on information http://www.sheffieldhomes.org.uk/decent-homes - my son is now in tears as apparently you need to allow them access from 8-5 daily and our own house will take about 10 weeks as there's so much work :(

What the government can't seem to grasp with this (and I know a lot of old people in my village are very distressed by the work) is council tennants tend to be vulnerable people, with mental or physical health problems, elderly, etc. I've never been so stressed in my life - I couldn't care less about having a fancy new house - I just want somewhere I can call home, not a building site full of men :? I wonder if there will be any stats kept on how many people die or become seriously ill due to this wonderful government initiative :( I will need to spend close on £1000 just to clear rubbish which the council have refused to collect for 3 years, and house my animals outside, and pack all our belongings up (they will provide storage but not a skip :roll:)

It's sheer misery and I do sympathise with you having big rabbits especially - can't they have a playhouse in the garden or is it too small?

Last edited:
Thank you for all that.........yup being a council or housing association tenant you get a great house with all mod cons and furniture and your bills paid for right.....yup thats what my duaghters friends allthought..its what their parents droned on about and how be careful its not a private road:shock:

not all of us are vicki pollards or this world etc etc......sigh..and i wish i had all my biulls paid and furniture etc :lol:

i know..they did my mums kitchen 2 months after my dad died and she had a farctured dislocated shoulder form her fall outside the hopsital whilst going to see dad a week before he died...and no help was given to her whatsoever......i helped as much as i could but my half sister styaed with her for 2 weeks and did the rest..id boxed up as much a si could cleared a load of stuff for her to decide to throw or keep......at her own speed....

my two frenchies are the biggies but berties only 10lb and loves other animals and small children!! willows 15lb to 16lb and not nasty just not over friendly..a bit stand offish unless she decides she likes you.,...then saying no to a nsoe rub is nOT an option:lol:

they could go int he garden but the workmen wil have to block off access to it by putting my washing machine and dishwasher there:( the fridge freezer and freezer will have to go into the lounge!! and the workmen will then have to come int hrough my lounge every darned day.

i dont have a playhouse just their fabric scooby doo tent they have. no funds for playhouses etc. after cat proofing my garden for my dimwitted cats.

its little bif with her nervous problem stress related gi probs...and bandit with his shivering mini dog impersnanation if he gets scared....he likes people is a little shy but friendly its his surroundings which scare him...i think he has agorophobia sometimes!! bifs surroundings she can get to grips with but not people..especially men. she tolerates my 2yr old grandaughter and even my almost 1yr old grandaughter...no probs...its my mum who stresses her out and every time i have afit.:oops:

they could stay in a cgae in the garden till the guys go home every might but in sept!! and theyd still be so near the noise..same with biggies but again the doorway will be blocked off..its so annoying cos if you wewre to pay for it to be done itd take like 2 days to do the kitchen.....!! but cos they go all over different areas doing little bits here n there i get priority and get 10 working days..some folks have weeks!!
huh theyre not touching my bathroom as we had a shower disabulity adapot done...31 yr old sink in it...toilet replaced as it was crcked and instead of fixing the old cisterns they put in new ones and theyre made like a plastic ice cream tub..i kid you not!! i hate them theyre so fragile. but hey.

my kitties i can hide upstairs..the noise will be too much but they will hide in my room with me as my duaghter who is sensitive to sound and light will be too fragile to leave her room like she always is...unless shes feeling strong enough..so im dreading dealing with that.

the upside is at least itll be only 10 days hopefully not the 9 months it took to sort the insurance and lounge flooring replacemet and ims till living amongst my belongings in my room as im terrifed to take it down there gaain in case of another flood formt he same unstable gorund area where the mains burst last time after a dry summer followed by torrential rain for 2 days.

thats an upside right?

thank you so much isla..i will pm you back tomorrow:love:

Debs, are you sorted for somewhere with the buns?

Unfortunately I couldn't have them, much as I would love too ut I could have helped with getting them to Sue @SRR

:wave: i know you would hun..but then youd never give bif back:lol::lol: and she wouldnt want to leave you again;)

i have had one offer on here..but if it cant be sorted out any help in getting them to sues after ive asked her of course....would be fantastic.....

im off to try n sleep now,..fat chance! nice to see oyu back..hows the set up with your buns now?

Back