• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

NooDin goes Outside

This is the first time I've taken him outdoors and he went CRAZY!

When I say crazy I mean I was running behind him non stop, he had so much fun.

With all that energy him loosing some weight wont be a problem lol.

Here are a few of the photos, hope you enjoy!

''Hold on, lemme just clean my face''
phpI3MWUVPM.jpg

''Come on mum, lets go!!''
phpGeVP9XPM.jpg

''The sweet smell of fresh air, ahhhh''
php1iJFBpPM.jpg

''Does this harness make me look fat?''
phpHFp2q0PM.jpg

'' Anyway we're OFF! Freedom here I come!!''
phphXvyegPM.jpg

Back in the house, time for some relaxing....
phppzTwcIPM.jpg

''Ok Ma get that thing outta my face''
phprZtiETPM.jpg

don't mean to be rude but i dont know if you are aware that harness can injure rabbits?

they have been known to bolt at scary noises and kill themselves. xxx

don't mean to be rude but i dont know if you are aware that harness can injure rabbits?

they have been known to bolt at scary noises and kill themselves. xxx
I had NO idea. :?

I've seen many people use a harness with out a problem and this one fits him well.

I guess that's why I only got one comment because everyone thinks it's cruel????

Are there any stories of this happening to members on here?

He is verrrry cute! ( can i kidnap him???!!!):lol:

I agree about the harnesses ( i would make a run for him and let him out in there on nice days instead) and also i wouldn't dress him up either... Rabbits can get into all manner of spaces etc and if he jumps down from something and gets the scarf caught he can hang himself...:(

I would let your bun be a nudey bun and run without any clothes on!!!

The mesh waistcoats are safer than some of the other types :) You need to be careful as if they panic they can get caught up and knots themselves up and hang themselves or hurt their legs.

I had NO idea. :?

I've seen many people use a harness with out a problem and this one fits him well.

I guess that's why I only got one comment because everyone thinks it's cruel????

Are there any stories of this happening to members on here?

:wave: I dont think your cruel for using a harness, these things are sold in shops so how is anyone supposed to know they arent suitable for bunnies :)

Im not sure if anythings happened to any members on here, but my cousin did have a fright when she had her bun out in the garden on a harness and he really did just suddenly bolt and became a bit frightened when he couldnt get to where he wanted to go straight away as she was holding the lead and didnt know what he was about to do. The bun was fine but my cousin was a bit like :shock:

She had a run made now anyways which is generally easier for her too because she doesnt have to follow them about the garden for hours now :lol:

I know all my buns love to jump about like mad too which wouldnt be easy to keep up with x

He is verrrry cute! ( can i kidnap him???!!!):lol:

I agree about the harnesses ( i would make a run for him and let him out in there on nice days instead) and also i wouldn't dress him up either... Rabbits can get into all manner of spaces etc and if he jumps down from something and gets the scarf caught he can hang himself...:(

I would let your bun be a nudey bun and run without any clothes on!!!
No worries it was just to take some cute photos in, I know rabbit have enough fur on them and he might injure himself taking it off when I'm out the room. Thanks for the info everyone, I'll see about building a pen or something.

sillyrabbit your user name sounds very much like mine lol, I think I might change it to Noodin.

I was getting confused wondering why I made some threads which were yours lol.

Thanks for the info!

must admit i have wondered about the harness, the mesh one doesnt look so bad, just wondering would an elasticated lead not be so bad or would that ping too much, im not having a dig, i understand people do it to give buns more of a free run, than being stuck in a run , least with a run though you dont have to sit with them all the time like you would have to on a lead, the mesh one does look a lot more comfy than the ones i see in the local pet store, you bun does look sooooooooooo cute though :love:

must admit i have wondered about the harness, the mesh one doesnt look so bad, just wondering would an elasticated lead not be so bad or would that ping too much, im not having a dig, i understand people do it to give buns more of a free run, than being stuck in a run , least with a run though you dont have to sit with them all the time like you would have to on a lead, the mesh one does look a lot more comfy than the ones i see in the local pet store, you bun does look sooooooooooo cute though :love:

I learnt the hard way. Never using a harness again nearly cost Marble his life.

They have a walk in inclosure instead now

**Changed my User Name and this is the official one**

Yes, that's why I got it because it's supposed to fit better on them with out choking if they pull on it.

Either way I'm still gona be really careful, I love Noodin so much and don't want nothing bad to happen to him.

xShellx, I'm so sorry about your bun bun, glad he got through everything o.k! :)

I was confused there for a minute too, I thought Sillyrabbit had got a new bun. Easier to call you Noodin. Welcome to RU.:wave:

Gorgeous bunny. Beautiful colouring.

Am afraid I agree about the harnesses. Would never use one personally.

:wave: gorgeous bunny :love:
I have used those mesh harnesses with out any problems :) I just make sure I am careful and the rabbit doesn't mind :D

Back