• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What a fright I've just had.

Cornishlass

Mama Doe
:shock: Went to check on Smudge - who was running free in the garden when I caught sight of a cat in the garden staring at Smudge! It was about to pounce. I hissed at it and ran for it and he flew over the back wall. I was soooooo thankful. First time I heard Smudge thump! (As I shooed the cat away.) :evil: I would be distraught if anything happened to him. :love:

Awww Lucky Excape Phew

PS, DO CATS ATTACK RABBITS ETC COZ WITH BOTH MINE DEVELOPING GAS IM THINKING SOMETHING IS SCARING THEM IN THE NIGHT

My old bunny patch us to see cats off and if they were to slow ad she got them she would hump them :oops: daisy will also see cats off

My cats are scared of the bunnies because when Toffee was free range the cat stalked him and he turned around and went up to him to say hello and the cat was petrified!!

My cats are scared of the bunnies because when Toffee was free range the cat stalked him and he turned around and went up to him to say hello and the cat was petrified!!

biggles used to have that effect in my old house, he used to try and hump the neighbours cat, shed try and thump him but hed just sit there no challenge at all, but if any other big cat came in the garden the cat chased em orf " if i cant have him nor can you lot ":lol: then we had two playfull kittens in the garden once they were so unsure what to do they tried ganging up on him, he loves cats, he got a fright though when the cat i found and kept in over night before i found her home really didnt like him, he went to say ello and she really scared him never seen him move so fast poor lil mite

some cats will attack rabbits... but some wont ....snowy was always freinds with next doors cats and they snuggled together.... but she also had a huge fight with another cat too.

I would be a bit worried if I had a small rabbit but in my experience, I've never had any problems with cats. All my buns have been medium-large sized so cats don't really pose too much of a threat. I only ever had one cat that would sit ontop of my aviary/run and just watch the bunnies underneath. I don't think the buns were too worried about it but I used a 'super-soaker' water pistol for a few days and the cat never came back :lol::lol:

I actually have more problems with a magpie at the moment. It's one of this years babies and it's developed an unhealthy interest in the rabbits. I've seen him peck them when they've been outside, although if the rabbits turn round to see what 'got' them, the magpie flies off. I think they see it more as an irritation rather than a threat.

Back