• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you cover your hutches with

tarpaulin and bubble wrap..I tie it down in winter/bad weather to keep them warm....in summer i let it flap a little so as not to overheat them, its just there so they dont freak out if they see a predator.

Bubble wrap with a brick to secure it - not around cage just over front so nothing can look in and give bunnies a scare. Old carpet goes under bubble wrap it's extra cold.

:D

I only have the one hutch that percy is in i need to cover it tonight,ive put two bolts on it to protect it from predators,so will the tarpaulin on its own be ok?

The front of the wendyhouse gets covered in a boot cover that i had when i had the dog which is waterproof etc... the run gets covered in tarpaulin (buns get access day and night to the run)... but it doesnt stop all of the rain getting in... I take it off in the morning and rain has still got into the run but over a hutch front will be fine...

I've just had a cover for the pigs hutch made by a man on ebay which I use now. Before that I used a shower curtain with holes poked through held on with rocks :)

I use a shower curtain (see through) just for rain in the day, and then an old sheet at night so they wouldn't get scared if they saw something they didn't like.

Just covered him up good timing as its just started to rain,he wont sufforcate though will he? ive put tarpaulin over with a brick on top and bottom

Just covered him up good timing as its just started to rain,he wont sufforcate though will he? ive put tarpaulin over with a brick on top and bottom

You sound just like me! Has it got any holes in at all? I would just make sure air can flow behind it a bit, rather than be flat against the hutch if that makes sense? :?

You sound just like me! Has it got any holes in at all? I would just make sure air can flow behind it a bit, rather than be flat against the hutch if that makes sense? :?

There is a bit of a gap at the top where the roof overhangs

bubble wrap stapled on the sides in winter and grow bags opened up and put on to stop rain getting in i also have an extra bit of wood on the roof over lapping the front more for less wind and rain to get in during the summer months

At the min I have 2 1 tonne sacks (the ones you get sand/gravel delivered in) which go over the top of Poppy's hutch to help keep the rain off the top a bit but they do seem to stop it blowing in at the sides & front. There is loads of room at the front under the sacks for air to circulate. Going to copy what others have done for the winter:D

tesco were selling off their table covers great quality for only £2.99 i think they would make great hutch covers as they have ties on the bottom, they charge £30 plus for these elsewhere

My hutches came with night time shutters, and for the rain, I bought 2 really cheep plastic gazebo's from argos, (£12 - I think for a few quid more you can get ones with sides) and set them up and over the hutches .... means I also stay dry when cleaning out in the rain!!

You can sort of see how it works here, and there is still a shutter on the one door (bottom right)

Theescape3.jpg

Back