• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Problem.....please advise!

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
What do you do, if someone emails you to see if you can board their rabbits (i do bunny boarding) and they say they have an emergency to get to, so youwork something out and they say they will bring them round tomorrow. Didnt get a phone number because she then called me from her work, so she wouldnt be there now.

I then am browsing gumtree, for no real reason, and see the two rabbitsfor sale...put on one day ago.

cant go into too much detail but one is 8 weeks old, and one is a year, she told me the colours and breed of each, and its the same town so i know it is them.

Do i:

act like i havent seen this ad?

Ask about it?

My dad thinks they may be leaving the country, and r going to leave them with us. I said the best scenario is there IS an emergency, and bcus they couldnt find anywhere to look after them, they put them up for sale even thought they didnt want to.

i dont want to ask them, if they are leaving the country bcus they could dump them or something if nobody buys them before theire 6pm flight tomorrow? and i dont want to put the bunnies at risk.

i dont know what to do, im trying to be professional but i dont want to jepardise these bunnies welbeing.

Has she told you how long she wants them boarded for?

I'd take them, not say anything & then when they don't get picked up put them on RIN here :)

Has she told you how long she wants them boarded for?

I'd take them, not say anything & then when they don't get picked up put them on RIN here :)

I think that's a good plan to be honest.

You don't want the possibility that the owner is the person on Gumtree and they dump the rabbits somewhere.

I would do the same.I wouldn,t tell them i had seen the Ad.I would question them though and ask how long they are going to be away etc.

they said 8 days.

tbh im not concerned if they dont come bak or cheque bounces in regards to 'money' as thats not important to me, i just dont want to confront them and then them dump them if there not.

I have terms and conditions which people have to sign which states that if they dont come back within 7 days after their collection date, the rabbits will no longer belong to them, as they may rehomed via myself or the RSPCA.

so if they sign it, i will be well within my rights.

also she said the netherland dwarf is 6 weeks old on the ad... but she told me on the phone she got him off a breeder, so hes going to be very young :(

Poor litte mites. Best to see how it goes.
I'd do what you stated with the whole rights thing.
At lease they'll be in much better hands if with you :)

I would ignore the ad and just make sure all the paperwork is in order, ask her to show some ID and take her car reg if she comes in one. Ask her to pay an amount of the money up front too.

they said 8 days.

also she said the netherland dwarf is 6 weeks old on the ad... but she told me on the phone she got him off a breeder, so hes going to be very young :(

Do you accept unvaccinated rabbits then? cos at 6 weeks of age it wont have had it's full dose of jabs.

Do you accept unvaccinated rabbits then? cos at 6 weeks of age it wont have had it's full dose of jabs.

as a rule, no. but he is being kept in the house upstairs in a bedroom, with a pen attatched so he wont go outside or near the 'indoor rabbits'.

we never bring any boarders actually in the house, the indoor bunnies are in converted outhouses next to our house, he is being put upstairs and wont have any contact with boarding bunnies.

In that case I'd do as others have suggested. Accept the buns and then use your terms and conditions to rehome them if needs be. We have a similiar disclaimer in ours and have only ever had one bun and pig abandoned which we landed up keeping for ourselves:D

In that case I'd do as others have suggested. Accept the buns and then use your terms and conditions to rehome them if needs be. We have a similiar disclaimer in ours and have only ever had one bun and pig abandoned which we landed up keeping for ourselves:D

i hope it was just they were being selfish and were planning to sell them if they couldnt board them. but my mum n dad are aware of the situation and she said at the end of the day the animals come first, as long as i keep him away from other boarders, and use the agreement form, it should work out.

And if they have to be rehomed or going into a rescue then at least they will end up in the right place.

do you think i should mention that i saw the ad or not?

I wouldn't mention the ad at all...they might just drive away and dump the buns somewhere if you annoy them.

I hope they do come to you, at least they will be cared for

I wouldn't mention the ad at all...they might just drive away and dump the buns somewhere if you annoy them.

I hope they do come to you, at least they will be cared for

do u think so?

hmmm. thing is, if they were selling them bcus they cudnt find anywhere to take for this holiday :)roll:)...its not a problem anymore.

and if they ARE leaving them, it wont make a difference what i say will it?

so i guess youre right.

I am going to say tot hem thought that he shouldnt be away from mum at 6 weeks, cus they have him a week already!

the plot thickens!

her FRIEND has bought them here...cept when she turned up she only had the lionhead, which is actually a himalyan :roll:

she has no idea about the netherland dwarf? the person who contacted me said that she needed boarding until the 8th and this person has said the 10th.

my mum n dad are concerned that she has left the netherland behind as she didnt know he was there as he would be in the house :(:(:(

we have had several abandonments here ,:( I have rehomed most after the legal required time. I also have another here now who we think may have been abandoned its:censored::censored::censored: I love my buns and wouldn't want to leave them anywhere

Oh that is worrying, did you get a contact number from her friend or an address?

yep. my mum n dad have just gone round there, there going to knock on the door and see if anyones in.

other thing is, the person who called me and yesterday was 'her' and today ti was ;her friend' but they both sounded the same.

tbh i think theyv left her here, ive got a feeling. she was in and out so quick, she didnt say bye to her, she didnt look bothered, i just feel sorry for this bun.

I dont see how at 6pm yesterday she needed boarding for the baby bun and the other one, yet today its gone? i hope she hasnt left him behind:(

Back