• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Age of Rabbit

Cynthia

Young Bun
Okay this may sound stupid but since this is my first time having a rabbit. At what age are they considered an adult. Also how can i keep her from chewing on stuff in the house she is not suppose to chew having a hard time with that. Thanks

Hmmm thats a good question!:D

I would guess anywhere between 12 - 18 months depending how they mature/breed? Thats a pure guess though as Ive never really thought about it properly, I suppose when they are no longer acting like a baby or a tearaway teenager! :lol:

I don't have house buns but you can buy protective tubes and stuff to cover wires etc.

Im sure someone else will be along shortly with ideas and remedies! :wave:

i woudl sya about baby till 6months then after that teenager till around 1-2years then an adult after that and of course they can live up till 14years

6-8 months for most smaller breeds, bigger breeds may be older.
At Norwegian Rabbit Shows the rabbits can be put in adult class from the day they turn 6 months. (Previous being Young animal from 4-6 months)
Rabbits can be bred safely from they are 6-8 monhts so therefore I consider them adults at that point.
I consider them "teenagers" from 3-6 months, since this is the time they go trhough puberty.

Back