• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

weirdy bar chewing habit

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
Sorrel rattles her bars aallll night loing while I'm trying to sleep - I don't often shut her in her cage, she just goes up and rattles it anyway.

But when I turn the light on and start getting ready for work, she settles down and munches some hay or has a nap. :? Any reasons? I would think she;s lonely and wanting some company but she settles in the morning whether I pay her much attention or not, I just have to be up and awake.

Sorrel rattles her bars aallll night loing while I'm trying to sleep - I don't often shut her in her cage, she just goes up and rattles it anyway.

But when I turn the light on and start getting ready for work, she settles down and munches some hay or has a nap. :? Any reasons? I would think she;s lonely and wanting some company but she settles in the morning whether I pay her much attention or not, I just have to be up and awake.

Rabbits are more active at night time:)

Yey!!! Its not just me who is woken up and 3 with Northy rabbits chewing on bars!!! Like you said, the irony is when it is time to get up, they're going back to sleep. I always scream my 5 o clock tagline at Perry, just so we understand each other. It goes something like this: 'One more ****** time Perry and your goin in the ****** pan...'. That works sometimes...:lol:

mine does it too at knight hers doesn't make much noise i just hear her jumping in and out of the litter box i guess she thinks that if she bites the cage then she can get out.

It's attention seeking, Juno does it if I am in the same room as her but not playing with her. I have had other buns who do it too, Calli was a blighter for it.

Back