• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spaying Help

*Spider*

Wise Old Thumper
hi, my new rescue, well have had her approx a month now and people who have seen have commented on how much weight she's put on and how healthy she looks, so i've decided she's bulked up enough to spay.
Any advice?
Also does £57.00 sounds okay for a spay i think it's a little steep but it's actually my practice and is the cheapest quote i found.

I will, she's getting quite mean to Toffee. They love eachother but when i come she chases him away like i'm hers.

If you know they are a good vet for rabbits I would stick with them. I paid something like £65 but they were excellent so I wouldn't think of going anywhere else.

speys at mums vet is 90-100 pounds dependant on rabbit wieght my vet is 53 both are fantastic with rabbits it just depends on your area... it is usually a lot less for a male neuter though.

Yeah we've always had our animals there, but i was shocked at the price as Toffee's neuter deffinitely wasn't that much!
She'll be booked in in a week or so.
But i think i'll get her vaccs done first now she's strong enough.
How long do i have to wait before i can get her spayed?

where at you in essex? i got Jelly spayed at Best Friends Vet Surgery in South Woodham Ferrers, and its £40 there which was the cheapest i found anywhere.

so far Jelly has been spayed there, and mum got Jellys Daughter spayed there too, Peanut, Domino, and my foster bun cookie was neutured there.

and Jellys other daughter who my uncle and his wife have was also spayed there with no problems.

if u want the number just PM me x

I live in a little village between Witham and Hat Pev.
(I'm near Maldon like you say in your profile :lol: )
A number would be greatly appreciated!

I live in a little village between Witham and Hat Pev.
(I'm near Maldon like you say in your profile :lol: )
A number would be greatly appreciated!

whoa your well close to me then!

http://www.any-uk-vet.co.uk/best-swf/index.htm

there u go, the number is on there. there only a small surgery but i have used them for all neuters and spays and they have been excellent, the only problem i had was peanut who ripped himself open lol but that was peanut being a little monkey!

They also give her a checkup in a weeks time which is included in the price.

Vaccinations are around £13 too.

Wow! I'll deffinitely check them oowwwt!!
Would you recommend spay then vaccs or vice versa?

Unless there is an urgent reason to get her spayed then go for the vaccinations first. There's always a small chance she could catch something in the few weeks. If you get the Mxyi done first, then wait two weeks, then the VHD, then another two weeks and in for the spay if all goes well.

Back