• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dog crates

Mazda

Warren Veteran
Hey all.

Im trying to persuade my mum to let Pebble live indoors (does anyone have any tips so mum will let her live in the house?:lol:) and ive been looking on ebay and 42" dog crates. (a 48" wont fit) Ive seen this 42" crate and im not sure about it. I mean its 99p with ten pound postage, is it too cheap? what do you think the quality will be like?

I dont know if it will be happening yet, but i am just looking around. x

i dont think they can be sharp hun, they are made for dogs... i have a mat in mine but alvin still lies in the corner that has no cover :roll::lol::lol::lol:

ill take a pic if you like? and when i get rid of the crate im going to keep the tray in the new cage just for Alvin :D

i dont think they can be sharp hun, they are made for dogs... i have a mat in mine but alvin still lies in the corner that has no cover :roll::lol::lol::lol:

ill take a pic if you like? and when i get rid of the crate im going to keep the tray in the new cage just for Alvin :D

Oh yes please

the crate i have is the 42" hagen one so i cant say what other ones are like.

the corner isnt sharp i have just run my fingers over it and i cant see how a bunny could get hurt.... bet alvin proves me wrong now :shock:

most is covered with litter trays and a mat

P8010030.jpg

alvins corner when he wants to be cooler

P8010031.jpg

eta - it is quite slippy so thats why most is covered :)

thats great :) x

so a 42" will be big enough for one bun? x

I think haveing her indoors may be cheaper in the long run... cause we wont have to buy woodshavings! :lol: another point to tell mum! :D x

edit: yea i would cover it with mats :D x

i think people do use just crates for buns, i added a pen to mine because i wanted Alvin to have as much space as possible when i wasnt there to give him free range and i wanted a 2nd bun too.. i know some people add shelves so they have extra floor space :)

aw cool. :)
She would only be init at night & when im at school (thats if it happens) I would let her have the run of my room once ive blocked of the wires when we are home, as she is litter trained :)

I just hope mum lets her come inside, cause with her being outside even though i spend alot of time out there with her i dont feel its enough and if she got ill or whatever and i didnt notice. Do you know what i mean? x

aw cool. :)
She would only be init at night & when im at school (thats if it happens) I would let her have the run of my room once ive blocked of the wires when we are home, as she is litter trained :)

I just hope mum lets her come inside, cause with her being outside even though i spend alot of time out there with her i dont feel its enough and if she got ill or whatever and i didnt notice. Do you know what i mean? x

I don't want to hijack the thread, But how did you get Pebble litter trained?
I want to litter train my two but am unsure of how to do it!

I don't want to hijack the thread, But how did you get Pebble litter trained?
I want to litter train my two but am unsure of how to do it!

She choose a corner of her hutch to be her toilet and i put a litter tray there :) Shes fab at uiseing her tray, i bought her in the house for the day the other day and she was running round the kitchen for hours and didnt pee or on the floor once.. she went to her box :D x

She choose a corner of her hutch to be her toilet and i put a litter tray there :) Shes fab at uiseing her tray, i bought her in the house for the day the other day and she was running round the kitchen for hours and didnt pee or on the floor once.. she went to her box :D x

Thanks, will put their litter tray in the corner where they currently go to the toilet. Do you just put hay in her litter tray or everywhere in her hutch? xx

Thanks, will put their litter tray in the corner where they currently go to the toilet. Do you just put hay in her litter tray or everywhere in her hutch? xx

I put hay in her tray and in her hay rackat the other end of her hutch, in the winter i put it all over her hutch :D x

i know exactly what you mean, id not keep rabbits if they lived outside all our pets live in the house with us :D

Thank you, think i will do the same. Do you think they will be okay sleeping on a blanket??

Yea i dont see why not :) x
I put a blanket in pebbles hutch in the winter... but she put lots of holes init so i took it out :) If they are used to a blanket id keep it in there :) x

Back