• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Got a Surprise Today

And if not for that surprise I would not be on this forum lol.

My mom seen me looking at some online adds a few weeks ago with cute mini rex bunny photos, I was not interested in buying a bunny I was just showing her how cute the babies were and I kept going on about how adorable this particular bunny was because of his colour. Well I came home today and surprised as I was that exact bunny was in the porch only fully grown. She told me the baby photos were a bit old so he was really 6 months old, he came with his pedigree and she almost payed $100 for this mini rex bunny! He's SOOO cute!

I had rabbits in the past but they never worked out, mostly because of my brother who I've been sharing a room with on and off, just when I thought my room was finally all mine he had to come back in because of renovations BUT finally my room is all to myself and it's cleaned out completely so this rex is a keeper forever. I was not planned for the bunny so I still need a BIG cage.

I think the bunny is a little over weight so I'm cutting him down on the pellets.

Now that he's 6 months old can I feed him more veggies and fruits? of course with timothy hay 24/7.

And also how do I potty train him?

Here's his photos. I'm thinking of a name.

phplEjZS7PM.jpg

phpJR9NT5PM.jpg

phpJqpDwwPM.jpg

phpIDRZzGPM.jpg

phpFIDb7GPM.jpg

Awww!! :love: what a cutie!

Well - you'll need to give him some normal hay too - I recommend hay experts and pure pastures hay. I give my buns some timothy hay now and again (a tip for you - pick some grass from your garden and give it to them fresh - they love it).

You can litter tray buns too - they will have a certain area they'd like to go in, put the poos in the tray in the same area.

I wouldn't introduce fruits and veg yet, I would try him on dry food for a couple of weeks, then try a very small amount of veg or fruit (apple is fab btw)

Welcome to RU by the way! :D

By the way - recommend strongly you get him neutered if he's not already - he's old enough for all vets to do this, just make sure you find a bunny-savvy vet, and you will need to check out Myxi and VHD jabs :)

Plus it will reduce any agression he may show in future and may help with litter training :wave:

oh thats great!!
hes VERY cute! keep the piccies coming!
and tell us when you get a name picked out!
he sure is one handsome bunny!

This is the BEST site (in my oppinion) that i have come across about bunnies. it covers EVERYTHING accuratly. it has litterbox training, grooming, diet, bunny proofing, bonding, everything. i recomend you take a long look at it! :p
here

By the way - recommend strongly you get him neutered if he's not already - he's old enough for all vets to do this, just make sure you find a bunny-savvy vet, and you will need to check out Myxi and VHD jabs :)

Plus it will reduce any agression he may show in future and may help with litter training :wave:
As soon as I make up the money on my own we'll be off to a really nice vet I know of.

And by the way he's already started using the potty on his own! :D

Thanks so much everyone for the info!

Back