• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

SPAYED!! (w/pics)

ADEE

Young Bun
We just now finally got home.. Rain did wonderful according to the vet and im just glad its over with. Waiting to get her spayed has been a huge weight on my shoulders and im glad its finally done. She held her peepee all the way home and as soon as i let her into her cage she jumped right in her litter pan and peed for what felt like forever hahaha.. poor girl had to GO! She also started munching on some hay too which helped me feel a bit better about this being done. I will see how she does in the morning and weigh her pellets and see how much of it she ate. Thanks everyone for all the well wishes, comments and suggestions, just as you all said she did great!

Still covered in betadine
2718144351_a9d641427b.jpg

2718143501_6d590f65ac.jpg

::update:: Im going to take fresh pictures tonight, she has managed to clean herself up and has very little betadine still on her coat and belly. I have released her back to the rest of her cage (she was locked on the bottom level last night and until today at 3:30) and shes happily sitting on the second floor. She seems to be eating fine (not so much pellets) but she ate a nice big serving of hay and romaine, and also drank quite a bit.

Hiya Ashley :wave:

Rain seems to have recovered very well after her op.. weeing eating and pooing already - fab news! :)

First time I've seen how they look after spey.. at least now I know what to expect :)

x x

OOOh that looks sore.Glad she is home and well.Keep an eye on that scar to make sure it doesn't get infected

she looks like such a mess in those pics.. not to mention the stink eye she was giving me for putting her through all that. Poor girl...

I thought the pictures might be helpful for other owners on what to expect. She is doing remarkably well. I will keep an eye on it for infection but i must note im a total neurotic neat freak and her cage rarely has a poo out of her box. Also shes housed indoors on tile so it isnt like shes outside in the dirt or even housed on dirty carpet :D Nice and sterile in this house :lol:

:) Thank you for all her well wishes, i will be sure to forward them onto Rain ;)

Last edited:
loyour right in it being a good idea to show others, i didnt know that they came back covered in betadine, just thought the vet cleaned it off. bless. dont worry, gumpy was awful to me and really resented the fact that the vet had taken his plums away. even the vet said oh i think we've really upset him :lol:

one question though, do you have to go back for a check up?

if something abnormal occurs then yes we would need to go back. Otherwise no :) I thought the vet wouldve cleaned her up better too but if she was starting to wake up they might have just felt it was better to leave her alone.

my bun dora came back lue underneath bless her its the colour of the dye they put in the cleaning thing to ensure they have cleaned the area sufficiently bless her took about 3 days for the blue to go xx

Glad to hear the spay went well, very glad to hear she took a wee as soon as she got home! Keep us updated with her recovery, hope its speedy! :wave:

Oh my God I had no idea it looks like that! :shock:

I'm scared to get my bunny fixed, is there a chance of them dying?

And does it look the same for males?

Poor bunny, I wish her a fast recovery.

its the best thing you can do for them!! Females are very prone to cancer and getting them fixed takes that risk away. I do not have a neutered male so im not sure what it would look like but yes, there would be an incision where the surgery took place. There is risk with any surgery but your rabbit has the best chance at doing fine if you use a vet who has experience with rabbits.

Its honestly something i wish everyone would do for their rabbits. Not just for the benefits of lowering cancer but taking away undesirable behavior and over population with rabbits its horrendous.

Back