• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ideas for new rabbit area needed..pictures please!

**lexi**

Warren Scout
Hi,
I have a spare patio area of 11' x 9' approx,and was just thinking of making it into a rabbit area with a 6' x 5' playshed.
im not sure of the plans yet so was wondering if you all could give me some clues as to how to do it,what i need and how many rabbits would be sufficiant for that space.
If you could post some pic's of your own outdoor set up's,that would be great!
thanx
**lexi** :D

Last edited:
Sounds fab - my buns have around 20 by 10 foot of patio to run around in. They really appreciate the room :)
How many buns have you got?

Sounds fab - my buns have around 20 by 10 foot of patio to run around in. They really appreciate the room :)
How many buns have you got?

hi,ive got five 8 bun's at the moment but 3 are babies and due to be rehomed in the next few weeks.
Th other five are 2 neutered males and 3 spayed females :D

hi,ive got five 8 bun's at the moment but 3 are babies and due to be rehomed in the next few weeks.
Th other five are 2 neutered males and 3 spayed females :D

Wow .. quite a bunch then :)

If you use a shed/playhouse you could make it into two or more levels (depending on how high it is) and maybe some cardboard boxes etc they could play in? which means your buns will have even more room to run and play in :)

Some ppls bunny homes look well nifty, I just love the idea of having my two in one :D

Wow .. quite a bunch then :)

If you use a shed/playhouse you could make it into two or more levels (depending on how high it is) and maybe some cardboard boxes etc they could play in? which means your buns will have even more room to run and play in :)

Some ppls bunny homes look well nifty, I just love the idea of having my two in one :D

Yep they keep me busy :D
So how many would you say was the maximum to keep in that area???
I would love to have them all together but obviously that isnt enough space for 5 :(
So i will have to think about which ones to pair up and put in there.

It all depends on their run time - if you had three or four smaller breeds (mini/dwarf etc) this would be around the minimum size really.. but if bigger breeds I would say two or three. But that's more my opinion :)

Here's my playhouse and run. My playhouse is only 4 x 4 though with a 6 x 4 run so smaller than what you have in mind. :)

shed3.jpg

shed4.jpg

shed5.jpg

Here's my playhouse and run. My playhouse is only 4 x 4 though with a 6 x 4 run so smaller than what you have in mind. :)

shed3.jpg

shed4.jpg

shed5.jpg

awww these are great set ups...im hoping to put a corrugated roof up to give them a little more shelter and a small fenced area where they can run free...still in the planning process tho :?

Back