• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wrong sex

jackiestone

Warren Veteran
As you know I am questioning the sex of my beautiful Stumpy,we are going away for the weekend,and my friend is having Stumpy at her house and my neighbour is looking after the outside buns,but On Tuesday I am going to take him to the vets.How many people have had their buns turn out to be not what they thought they would be?Looking at Stumpy,minus his plums his bits are the same as Rosie and Beatrix but different to Norman.Not that it matters though,we love him as he is :love::love::love::love:

Hi Jackie I'm afraid It has happened to me quite a lot.The last bunny was Maizey thats why he had a girls name until I found out he was a boy.

My bun is from a pet shop and he was labelled as a doe.

I didnt question them but when he i took him to the vet, his penis was kindly popped out for me to see!

I was convinced he was a she because he had such pretty hair!

Peppa is going to the vets tomorrow and I'm just waiting for the oh she is actually a he.... :lol::lol: I'm convinced she is a girl though....

I bought a Flemish Giant doe from a breeder to be bonded with my Papalion Giant buck. Had my Buck netured and took them both for there vacanations and the vet said my flemish doe was a buck. I had him netured to and luckly they get on very well. He had huge plums at 10 weeks and was netured at 12. Shell

Chris' Puck turned out to be a girl. She was even classed as a boy by the vet, he thought something was up when Bilbo was humping her too much so seperated. Got home from visiting me one night and found two babies strewn about the room. She hadn't made a nest or anything.

I also have a Molly but he was named before we even checked for sex, I did try and rename him but Molly sorta stuck.

both Misty and Binky were bought as girls! and i only found out they were boys when they develped a nice pair of plums :oops: but people now still think Mistys a girl because he has such a girly little face

My first bun was an impulse buy from Pets at Home, I know its bad but I was so excited to finally get another rabbit I couldn't wait and it was love at first sight. Anyway they told me he was a girl. I never believe these places so I asked my vet to check for me who confirmed it was a girl. I was a bit stumped as a few weeks later I noticed what looked like plums so when I went back for the VHD Vac I asked them to check again. Yep she was a he. The vet was very embarressed and checked the system to assure himself it wasn't him who made the mistake, it wasn't it was his partner who was equally embarressed. They are both very rabbit savvy so I guess that just goes to show how tricky it can be to sex young buns.

My Molly is a boy :wave: and he just lurrrves having a girls name cos everybody thinks its really mean and give him extra fuss when they come round :roll: :lol:

xxx

Jackie have you tried putting Stumpie on his back and seeing if he has got a winkie

When I press down a thing comes out which has a slit,it isnt round??Yesterday I was convinced he was a she,today it looks different again:oops::oops::?All will be revealed Tuesday i hope

Our Hoops was a boy for about 6 or 8 weeks :shock: ... until no testicles appeared and we took a closer look!! She's so pretty tho, can't imagine how we ever thought she was a boy! x

Back