• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fur pulling

willowholly

Mama Doe
B has started pulling at her fur under her chin really hard that she ends up falling over.She hasn't got a dew lap and shes been spayed so she shouldn't be having a pseudo pregnancy,so what is she playing at????!She never actually pulls any fur out.Is she just playing ,cos there is nothing to see/feel there that could be irritating her.Its like shes playing tug of war with herself!!!:lol:

:wave:Hi willowholly i would keep a close eye on her if she continues take her to your local vet and get her checked out. Just make sure there are no bald patches under her chin.
My rabbit used to pull her hair out from under her chin when she was maulting. So this might be what your little one is doing just keep an eye on her to see if she gets worse. Hope this helps.

My Mum's bun did that too. We managed to stop her by distracting her. My suggestion is just to make sure she has loads to do so she doesn't get bored, and keep on distracting. I've found over the years that females can get a bit fixated on doing things (especially when you don't want them to - hence substantial loss of wallpaper and many tugged threads on carpet:roll::lol:), you just need to work on it a bit and it should stop.

Good luck

Does she have any other symptoms?

I've had a few bunnies do that as a result of a mild degree of brain damage due to e.cuniculi

Im wondering if its an attention seeking antic as we are looking after a hamster at the mo and yesterday she went berserk when we were giving him attention and not her-she even crawled on my hubby's knee and she never does that!!!:lol:There are no other symptoms and ive not seen her do it lately.

Back